Monday, September 15, 2008

A Visual

We are still working on the crapping in the toilet phase with The Boy. He can do it. He has done it. He does not care! He knows that when he does it "a lotta lotta times" (something that resonates with him) he gets to go to the Pizza Bachine.

I think we may have turned a corner yesterday.

I come upstairs to get dinner started and I catch a whiff. I stop to do something and then investigate where that awful smell is coming from. First stop, the main bathroom. Bingo!

There stood Spencer clearly so proud of himself. He had his poop filled underpants down around his knees and streams of toilet paper hanging over the toilet... half in and half all over the floor. It was a TP job gone bad.

He says "I'm wiping!"

There was a high potential that the toilet was going to be clogged. There was poop everywhere... and of course we had just cleaned the bathroom a few hours prior. But he was so proud of his efforts! It was so horribly cute that I had to call for Carie to come check it out. As a bonus... she cleaned him up. Somehow I scored on that one! I didn't just watch, I returned to dinner prep!

So yeah, he still crapped in his pants... big time. But he noticed it! He didn't just sit in it for someone else to notice that he stunk.

I call this progress.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

That is an awesome story. I love reading about your family, you always have a story that makes me smile or chuckle (or laugh like crazy, like this one did!) Congrats on turning a corner in toilet training. I have a feeling Erik is going to be just like Spencer!

9:04 PM, September 15, 2008  
Blogger Rainbow Momma said...

Weeeellll ... I'd definitely say, he's getting there. LOL!

8:54 PM, September 16, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home