Something's Up
I don't know what it is. I don't know when we'll figure it out. But something is definitely up!
It seems like it isn't just our kids that are out of whack. Is it the weather changes? Is it the upcoming full moon? Is there something exciting coming up that I don't know about? Are we worried about something?
All 3 of our kids aren't themselves. I swear something is up!
Tuesday afternoon we got an e-mail from Ellie's teacher... it was such a nice note and so sweet of her to reach out to us to give us a heads up.
"I just wanted to write you a quick note to let you know about Eliana today. This afternoon (around 3 - just before we get ready to go home) she started crying. I asked her if she was okay, and she said "no", so Iasked her if she wanted to talk about it. She said "no" again. I told her to go walk and take a drink from the fountain and take some deep breaths and she did that and seemed okay when she got back into the classroom. She didn't want to talk about it before the end of the day either, but I was just giving you both the heads up in case she talks about anything at home with you. I want to make sure she is safe and happy here, so if she mentions anything to you please let me know!"
We had a great talk right before bed and still there was nothing really to talk about. We did somehow get in a natural conversation about being safe, who to go to if you need to talk, privacy and safe touching. She is a natural worrier so we were trying to figure out if she was worried/nervous/concerned about something. She just doesn't seem to be herself right now and ultimately I think a large part of it is because she is tired. She is tired because she isn't sleeping well. She isn't sleeping well... because... something is up! Vicious circle!
Tuesday night it was Spencer's turn. Something woke him and he had a complete meltdown of a tantrum in his bed. Poor guy! Finally we got him settled down enough to agree to lie in our bed to watch a show. That really settled him down. But, he demanded that Mommy had to sleep in his bed. Finally after the show everyone got re-situated and we could resume sleep.
Then last night we were woken to Ellie screaming. She was out of bed and coming towards us screaming Mommy, Mommy, Mommy. The rest was incomprehensible. She was so out of it! Once she settled down she climbed right back into bed and acted like nothing happened.
It seems like it isn't just our kids that are out of whack. Is it the weather changes? Is it the upcoming full moon? Is there something exciting coming up that I don't know about? Are we worried about something?
All 3 of our kids aren't themselves. I swear something is up!
Tuesday afternoon we got an e-mail from Ellie's teacher... it was such a nice note and so sweet of her to reach out to us to give us a heads up.
"I just wanted to write you a quick note to let you know about Eliana today. This afternoon (around 3 - just before we get ready to go home) she started crying. I asked her if she was okay, and she said "no", so Iasked her if she wanted to talk about it. She said "no" again. I told her to go walk and take a drink from the fountain and take some deep breaths and she did that and seemed okay when she got back into the classroom. She didn't want to talk about it before the end of the day either, but I was just giving you both the heads up in case she talks about anything at home with you. I want to make sure she is safe and happy here, so if she mentions anything to you please let me know!"
We had a great talk right before bed and still there was nothing really to talk about. We did somehow get in a natural conversation about being safe, who to go to if you need to talk, privacy and safe touching. She is a natural worrier so we were trying to figure out if she was worried/nervous/concerned about something. She just doesn't seem to be herself right now and ultimately I think a large part of it is because she is tired. She is tired because she isn't sleeping well. She isn't sleeping well... because... something is up! Vicious circle!
Tuesday night it was Spencer's turn. Something woke him and he had a complete meltdown of a tantrum in his bed. Poor guy! Finally we got him settled down enough to agree to lie in our bed to watch a show. That really settled him down. But, he demanded that Mommy had to sleep in his bed. Finally after the show everyone got re-situated and we could resume sleep.
Then last night we were woken to Ellie screaming. She was out of bed and coming towards us screaming Mommy, Mommy, Mommy. The rest was incomprehensible. She was so out of it! Once she settled down she climbed right back into bed and acted like nothing happened.
This morning everyone was okay... just moving slow. Thank goodness the weekend is almost here!
I swear... Something is up!



1 Comments:
Aww, poor kiddos. I wonder if it's the changing of the seasons or something like that? Just getting used to school again, etc. How awesome that the teacher sent you such a nice note.
Post a Comment
<< Home