Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Another Soccer Game

It rained for a good part of the day (yay!) and we thought the game would get rescheduled, but they played on. Yesterday it was 90. Today it was 60. Suddenly it is cold. It might feel really nice if we made a slow decent into 60, but the 30 degree shift was a bit dramatic. Carie was thinking smart and put the girls in layers for the game. I'm really going to love the weather this week once the initial shock is over.

For a girl who said she didn't want to play this season, Abby sure has had a couple of great games! I’m thrilled that we challenged her nervousness and encouraged her. Tonight she started out as our goalie and she did fantastic. She was a riot! She had us laughing and cheering through a good part of the game. I was surprised she stayed in as goalie for as long as she did. She stopped many goal attempts and didn't hesitate to throw her body on the ball when it came into (or even near - LOL) her territory. Yeah, then we prayed that the other kids would stop trying to kick the ball! But there was Abby all after that ball and throwing herself at it.




















Ellie also had another great game. She is a crazy player and always near the action and so fun to watch. Her personality really shines when she is playing. We can tell that she is really thinking about playing in her zone and trying to figure out this passing thing. It was so much easier when the big huddle of kids just followed the ball all over the short field!












The trio of soccer siblings having fun...













I love watching them have so much fun. But for us, the best part about tonight’s game was the sportsmanship and the kindness. Several times I saw Abby & Ellie congratulating each other as well as some of their teammates. One time I saw Ellie run up to Abby in the goalie box to give her a high five, a hug, and then a kiss on the cheek. Later in the game I saw Abby, without skipping a beat, give the new goalie a high five after stopping the ball. Our other parent friends thought that was way cool and so did we. We are quite proud of them! We sure feel lucky to have been graced with such awesome kids.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home