Saturday, August 23, 2008

Mommy's Special Treasure

Thursday afternoon Ellie came home with something she was really proud of. She had earned a visit to the "treasure box" and she was proud of her new treasure.

As she goes to get her new item out of her backpack she is telling us that she has something special for Mommy. I kind of joked with Carie about the fact that she was chosen for this special gift and I wasn't even considered.


Ellie reappears with a small plastic bag that contained her treasure(d) item. I began to chuckle on the inside and was quickly grateful that Carie was the recipient! Ellie was so excited of her choice and she was certain that Mommy would absolutely love the new pair of earrings.

As Ellie was showing me (and demanding that Mommy not look!) I noticed that one of the backs had broken off. I happened to be working on a project and happened to have the perfect glue to quickly fix up the broken earring. They were back to new in no time! Carie later thanked me!

Ellie then gave Mommy her new earrings. It was so cute! Ellie was beaming from ear to ear. Not only had she earned the treasure by being a good student, she saw those earrings and immediately thought of Mommy. She chose something for Mommy over choosing something for herself. Carie was a very grateful recipient!

To us they scream… recycled teacher gift! Something to ponder... Ellie’s teacher is young, very very young.

Last night we decided that it had been an incredibly long and particularly difficult week so we treated ourselves to going out to dinner. Ellie requested that Mommy wear her earrings. I couldn't resist taking a picture!














Awww… cute little hearts! Cute little hearts with red apples on them! One has “abc” and the other has “123” written on it. Aren’t they cute!?!?!?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

That is the cutest and funniest story I've heard in a long time!!

7:49 PM, August 23, 2008  
Blogger Emma said...

Agreed - totally a recycled teacher gift! But who can blame her with her (likely) salary? Too cute!

11:11 PM, August 24, 2008  
Blogger Sonya said...

Maia - Oh... no blaming her at all! Brilliance really on her part.

If there is anything unbelievable here, it is that they were gifted in the first place. They are cute! BUT... they are for just the "right" person, not everyone can pull that off. And she is clearly definitely not one!

7:49 AM, August 25, 2008  
Blogger Tracey said...

I love it! That speaks volumes about the type of person Ellie is, and how wonderful a job you all are doing with her. The gift itself is not nearly as important as that Ellie chose Mommy over herself. :)

10:00 AM, August 25, 2008  
Blogger gabrielle said...

very 'special' earrings...and the girls look so much like carie when I see a close up pic of her

5:23 AM, August 26, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home