The Day Just Got Really Loud
This is a crazy week! It feels like I'm just hitting repeat, but seriously... this is a crazy week. Crazy doesn't equal bad, it just equals crazy.
Last night... First soccer practice of the season for Abby & Ellie. It was good.
Today...
I volunteered up at school this morning... all morning. I didn't really know how long I'd be there, but I didn't really think it would be 1:00 before I left. I was happy to do it but I was also thrilled to return to my desk job. I don't know how teachers make it day in and day out. Kudo's to them! I also got to get to know Ellie's teacher more and I really think she is awesome. The more I get to know her the more pleased I am! She is an excellent match for Ellie. Unfortunately Abby's had a sub today so I didn't get to see her teacher. Abby seems really happy with her class, we just haven't had much opportunity to connect with her teacher.
I get some lunch and I'm finally on my way to work and Carie calls. Roofers are there. We knew that they might come this week, but we didn't really know when. And when they say... "we'll be there this week" I don't think that explicitly means that they will be there this week. At any rate, they showed up after lunch and got started at about 1:30. Spencer generally naps at 2:00. Hmmm… what are the odds of that happening? But, he did! I don't know how long he will sleep, but he is sleeping. Carie called to share with me just how loud it is inside our house. She was all like... can you hear that? Huh, what did you say? LOL
But... that means we'll have a new roof by day's end! YAY!
The noise level will increase again in about 5 minutes when the bus pulls up with the 5 school kids. Oh, and the older kids will have homework to get done before going to their soccer game! Homework can be challenging enough without the added noise! This ought to be interesting!
And yeah, they have a soccer game at 5:30. We have a big dumpster in the middle of our driveway. Good thing Carie moved the van out of the garage!
Tomorrow... Spencer meets his preschool teacher! YAY! Some friends also offered to watch our kids that evening so we could go out. It was so sweet of them to offer but we had to decline. There is just too much other stuff going on this week... a school week no less.
Thursday... Our first school skate party of the year. We'll be there.
Friday... I don't know.
Saturday... We get to see our first show of the season at The Rose. Then after the show we'll go with our friends back to their house for an afternoon of playing and a bbq. Heaven!
Sunday... All I know is that we are scheduled to teach Sunday School.
Labels: House Projects, Kid Activities, School



1 Comments:
Sounds like a crazy week. At least there's some fun stuff in there, like the barbecue. Enjoy!
Post a Comment
<< Home