Playing Hooky
I played hooky yesterday. It was a fairly easy decision and I only hesitated slightly.
It was a really nice and sunny day and it is only supposed to get hotter through the long weekend. I thought, oh - I'll get some of this yard work done that I'd really love to do. HA!
It truly ended up being a stolen day.
We went out to a favorite bagel shop for breakfast, took Spencer to his (much needed!) haircut appointment, and then the rest of the day was all about spontaneity! We used to do stuff spontaneously! Then we returned home late for the boy's nap and in plenty of time for the bus.
The haircut appointment… went incredible. It was the best experience we’ve ever had with him. I’m so glad we found this new place! He got to sit on a motorcycle and watch a DVD of his choice. For the first time we didn’t have to sit with him and get covered in hair along with him. This boy has a lot of hair!
It wasn’t totally a lost day! I did manage to make our computer feel better. It has been acting up recently and it was looking like we were headed down a bad path. It seems to be working much better now! We also chopped up enough tomatoes to make like 16 cups of fresh pico de gallo. That is a lot of slicing and dicing! All of those tomatoes were picked in one picking. We are going to have to figure out what to do with future harvests! Carie also got the last of the peaches prepped and into the freezer.
Perfect!
Now... I'd better start thinking about that yard work.
The first thing out of Spencer's mouth as he emerged from his room this morning... "Is it time to go to R & P's house? I want to go now, right this second!"
It was a really nice and sunny day and it is only supposed to get hotter through the long weekend. I thought, oh - I'll get some of this yard work done that I'd really love to do. HA!
It truly ended up being a stolen day.
We went out to a favorite bagel shop for breakfast, took Spencer to his (much needed!) haircut appointment, and then the rest of the day was all about spontaneity! We used to do stuff spontaneously! Then we returned home late for the boy's nap and in plenty of time for the bus.
The haircut appointment… went incredible. It was the best experience we’ve ever had with him. I’m so glad we found this new place! He got to sit on a motorcycle and watch a DVD of his choice. For the first time we didn’t have to sit with him and get covered in hair along with him. This boy has a lot of hair!
It wasn’t totally a lost day! I did manage to make our computer feel better. It has been acting up recently and it was looking like we were headed down a bad path. It seems to be working much better now! We also chopped up enough tomatoes to make like 16 cups of fresh pico de gallo. That is a lot of slicing and dicing! All of those tomatoes were picked in one picking. We are going to have to figure out what to do with future harvests! Carie also got the last of the peaches prepped and into the freezer.
Perfect!
Now... I'd better start thinking about that yard work.
The first thing out of Spencer's mouth as he emerged from his room this morning... "Is it time to go to R & P's house? I want to go now, right this second!"
Labels: Family



2 Comments:
That sounds like a PERFECT day!
Playing hooky is the best. Glad you had such a great day!
Post a Comment
<< Home