Sunday, September 07, 2008

Apple Picking

We managed to get a trip in to the apple orchard before the rain cut loose... again.

Carie and I knocked out a fair amount of yard work while Spencer was napping. He laid down for a nap a little on the early side hoping that if the weather would hold out we'd go to the apple orchard after his nap. The weather was quite questionable! We started wrapping up our yard work when we felt drops coming from the sky. But then suddenly it cleared off and we saw some sun. We thought we'd go for it and see what happened. I'm glad we did!

We've been working on our transition routines and it showed. We managed to relatively spontaneously decide to make the trip to the orchard and within 20 minutes we were all ready to go and on the road. That included getting Abby & Ellie home from a neighbor's house!

As we were buckling up Spencer was curious as to where we were going.

Carie: We are going somewhere exciting!
Spencer: Are we going to Bounce U?
Carie: Nope, it is more exciting than Bounce U.
Spencer: Are we going to the Pizza Bachine?
Carie: Nope, it is more exciting than the Pizza Machine.
Spencer: The Geotrax Pizza Bachine?

We didn't know there was such a thing!

We arrived, they were open, and the weather was perfect. It didn't take long to pick 40lbs of apples! The kids also had a great time in the butterfly garden and corn maze.

We then went into Lincoln to get some dinner. That turned out to be a really good experience for everyone. Then we headed home and promptly got the kids to bed.















Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

We love apple picking here! I'm sure we'll have some apple picking pics come October! Looks like a huge success!

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures in the corn. Those are keepers!

9:22 AM, September 09, 2008  
Blogger Holly said...

was that corn? sunflowers?
I wasn't sure.

9:23 AM, September 09, 2008  
Blogger Shannon said...

What a fun day! Apple picking looks fun. Great photos. I don't think I've ever gone apple picking but maybe this year we will. Erik is going apple picking today with Grandma and Grandpa. :)

6:41 AM, September 10, 2008  
Blogger Sonya said...

Holly - The first few pics are in the butterfly garden.

But I think you are talking about the series near the end and those are in the corn maze.

12:47 PM, September 10, 2008  
Blogger gabrielle said...

wow I'm impressed 20 mins from decision to leaving..and great pics

9:53 AM, September 11, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home