Friday, September 19, 2008

Nothing To Worry About?

I would wholeheartedly disagree.

Anyone a bit worried this week after the market has been dropping left and right? Anyone?

Maybe THIS will help determine your vote in November! Corruption, lobbyists, scandals oh my! Where's the "CHANGE"?

Does it hit home yet?

There are plenty of other reasons I absolutely will not vote for McCain and adding Palin to his ticket made the reasons stack up even higher. Sure, I find her a bit... ummm... sexy (sorry to any family reading this). But I absolutely cannot stand 1) The politics that are being played by McCain selecting her (oh come on, you know this is true) or 2) Any of the political views that she holds.

Methinks that I'm not the only one who doesn't support her policies. Wow, what an excellent article! Doesn't it speak volumes that a large number of her own people don't support her? And keep in mind, the first was a "Welcome Home" rally and the second was an "Alaskan Woman's" rally! I'd take the leap to assume that these Women represent the views of their family. A family that contains multiple voters and definitly multiple members of the overall population, voters or not. A much larger number turned out in opposition than in support. Remember the total population we are talking about!!! Remember the millions of dollars of federal funding she lobbied for to better the lives of those she serves. They sure seem appreciative, now don't they?

Sometimes we get accused of being the "one issue" voter. Well, because that one issue is pretty darn obvious. Kinda hard to hide behind the fact that we are gay and that we have a family!!! I guess if we locked our kids in the closet it would help. But really?

While that one issue is huge for us, there are plenty more reasons why I absolutely could not consider voting for them. It also concerns me that I don't feel that people get just how huge this one issue is for us. It's just one issue, it shouldn't really matter. Right? It isn't as important as say the economy, or the war for instance. Oh yeah, but those also affect us... remember.

It is a scary scary time. I can't believe that they even have a shot at winning this election, but I also cannot believe that "W" won twice. Pinch me now!

And HERE is some of "W's" latest fine work. With the passing of this WE could be refused treatment simply because we are gay. Okay, so I don't even like going to the doctor. But seriously! Yeah, I totally get that the average person won't get that this is what this bill will do. But coming from our perspective, the one's living in this life; this is totally what it will do. I fully believe that the administration knows it, too.

Will it happen at every hospital or in every physician's clinic? No. Will it happen? Absolutley Yes. I ask... why???

Oh, and it is estimated that it will cost us $44.5 million a year to administer.

I guess he doesn't have an economy to worry about, now does he? Or maybe this is his solution for creating jobs?

But yeah... I can't believe people use the excuse... "We've come a long way" now haven't we? and "We should be grateful for what we have", by darn!

Why shouldn't we want better? Why shouldn't I want to protect MY children? Why shouldn't I want to provide health insurance to my whole family? Why shouldn't I want to provide benefits to my whole family?

Why should I settle for less?

Would you?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

excellent post!

7:47 PM, September 19, 2008  
Blogger Tanya said...

I completely agree. It's scary and all I want to do is stop listening to the news, lock myself in and pretend it's not happening. I worry all the time about my job and losing my home, which we've had longer then all these mortgage issues.

8:38 AM, September 20, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home