Friday, August 08, 2008

TGIF

It feels like the stars and the universe all collided this week. Why does that have to happen with both work and home stuff... all in the same week?

We made it to the weekend. We’ll use this time to refuel for Monday, because this madness isn't over yet.

On many occasions I've left work with stuff left undone. But generally speaking that is stuff that can be procrastinated on. Stuff that always seems to come and go but never really go away. Stuff that isn't on my priority list. My job just isn't that demanding! Tonight I walked out and my brain is still spinning. There are a few things that need attention and just didn't get it. Then there were the personal things screaming for attention. It felt like a week of colossal mayhem.

As I'm driving home I thought about what the "plans" were for tonight. Oh yeah, I was going to mow! Uh, scratch that. Instead we lounged around, made breakfast (blueberry and chocolate chip funny face pancakes for the kids - a huge hit), played outside, watched some of the opening ceremonies, discussed some of the hot topics going on at home, vegged, and it is time to call it a night.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

The unfinished jobs will get done someday. You need to recharge. good job!

7:55 AM, August 09, 2008  
Blogger Shannon said...

Good for you for forgetting about mowing the lawn and doing something fun and relaxing instead. Some days, that's just what has to happen.

5:25 PM, August 11, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home