Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Insane

This week feels crazy insane! Work stuff is ramped up at the moment and that will only get crazier until mid next week. Just in time for school to start!

Then our home schedule just doesn't seem to get any slower. Carie has lobbied for a larger, much larger, calendar for the refrigerator. It seems that she doesn't have enough space to write the things she needs to write on it!

So is the solution... a larger calendar or fewer things to do? LOL

VBS ended tonight. Overall it was a great week of VBS. One thing I've learned over teaching Summer Sunday School and now VBS is that I'm not certain I have the patience to teach preschoolers. Really it comes down to the patience needed to teach the preschoolers with downright defiant behaviors. I can teach, guide, direct, set boundaries and following through with my own kids. If they were to (God help me) act out like these couple of children did, as their parent I know what I would do. But it isn't so easy with someone else's child, in a classroom setting where all the children are drawn to follow the lead of the defiant child, and then in a larger group setting with other adults present and the child's parents missing in action.

I also discovered tonight that the adult portion of VBS was a class on forgiving. Wow, how appropriate would that have been? That is where I should have been! Carie joked that maybe our Pastor would give me a 1:1 lesson!

Forgive: 1) to give up resentment of or claim to requital for 2) to cease to feel resentment against (an offender)
Forgiving: 1) willing or able to forgive 2) allowing room for error or weakness

I seriously struggle with this. My hang-up, I don't think is the ability to forgive someone for something. There is room for error, we all have our weaknesses and we all make mistakes. But rather I struggle with the ability to forgive someone's actions when the actions are ongoing. And furthermore, to me, the idea of forgiveness also perhaps means that some discussion of some sort has taken place between the individuals involved. That at minimum, there is recognition of the elephant in the room. But that is me, I prefer to talk things out and address the bottom line. Perpetuating the same scenario over and over again is insane to me.


But maybe, just maybe I would have learned that I'm full of it if and have unrealistic ideals if I had just taken that class!

Moving on...

School starts in less than one week! Registration is tomorrow and the Ice Cream Social / Meet & Greet is next Monday. We are all excited to see who their teachers are and who is in their classes. School supplies have been obtained, sorted, and packed! Now if they could manage to stay packed until next Monday that would be great. They are so excited they are about to explode.

I really wanted to do a back to school BBQ, but I just haven't gotten it together. I couldn't manage to get all the logistics worked out in my head until tonight and now it seems like there isn't enough time. But now I have the perfect idea so we'll see if we pursue it for this year or hold onto our ideas for next year.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home