Friday, July 18, 2008

The Future Of Our Pets

Seems uncertain! If I were a small animal in our home, I'd be weary of the young boy.

The poor caterpillars! A good number of them survived, some did not. Despite our efforts to keep hands off, they were loved very very much... by all the little people. Perhaps sunbathing them wasn't such a good idea!

The survivors turned into chrysalises that are now hatching into beautiful butterflies. As the butterflies hatch, they again gain quite the attention from the little people.


Spencer has announced (during one of his visits to the restroom) that he wants to flush the butterflies down the toilet. Oy!

Then this morning he was all protective of them, telling other kids to not poke at them because that “is a bad idea”. Said with passion from the boy who was just thinking that flushing them down the toilet was an option.

We also have new fish, again! It feels like we are on "Rosa Beauty the XII". In reality we haven't gone through that many, it just feels like it. Each time Ellie names her new fish the same name, Rosa Beauty. I do not much like the short lifespan of these friends. I suggested we wait until we return from vacation to get new fish friends. My audience thought that was a bad suggestion. So our tank is lively again with colorful fish and peace and harmony has returned amongst the little people.

But in the process of getting new fish and making a few trips to the store to complete this effort, they have discovered other little rodents that they would very much love to have. They've always enjoyed visiting these rodents - at the store - and visiting has been sufficient. That no longer seems to be the case. The kicker is, they have completely convinced Carie and the four of them are devising plans on where we could put a home for such little rodents.

I'm not yet sold on this idea and we are now doing research... which I can see turning into research about what we should get, not whether or not we'll get them. Unless of course Carie's position is swayed, but they've got her hooked pretty darn good. I suggested that maybe this would be a great wish to ask for Santa to fulfill. Ellie thinks it is crazy to ask for a pet from Santa because Santa can't get pets. Oh but Santa can do anything!


I may have just bought myself 5 more months. :)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger gabrielle said...

Rosa bella mk11v reminded me of bella's guinea pigs, the shop lady didn't look too pleased when she asked bella what she would call her new guinea pig and was told 'biannca mk v'

4:05 AM, July 19, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home