Friday, July 11, 2008

Totally Excited

This morning Carie went to check on the kiddo's who were supposed to be getting ready for swim lessons. She went upstairs to find Abby & Ellie in their room. While they were somewhere in the process of getting ready, they had also taken a break.

Carie found them dancing and singing. I got the pleasure of the instant replay via Carie. It seems that they were doing a variation of a Hula dance while chanting "We're going on vacation!" over and over again. Carie’s version was cute and silly; I can only imagine what their version looked like.

Ellie comes downstairs and I ask her: "Are you excited about going on vacation?"

Ellie: "Totally excited, mom"... adding the proper emphasis on "totally".

I tell ya, there is a huge change that takes place between ages 5 & 6. It is crazy!

I asked her if she would do their little dance for me. Unfortunately she was not at all interested. It seems that this was one of their private little moments. I love it!

We are going on a mini-vacation. For us, it isn’t anything big or incredibly exciting. The fact that we are leaving town is exciting enough for us. Though it seems at this age, it doesn’t matter what we do or where we go. The idea of a “vacation” is enough to send these little ones to the moon. Thankfully all the proper rsvp’s have been made and we are a go. Thankfully we don’t have too much longer to wait.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Tanya said...

Hope you have fun, where ya going?

2:05 PM, July 11, 2008  
Blogger Catherine said...

So cute. Have a good time!

4:25 PM, July 11, 2008  
Blogger gabrielle said...

looks like you are having a fun summer, hope the vacation is great

10:51 AM, July 12, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home