Thursday, July 17, 2008

Sign Me Up!

We've recently discovered that Spencer is of age to sign up for a few activities. We are torn because on paper he seems so young to start that kind of stuff. I don't remember when we started with the girls, but they seemed much older. But now that we are in the midst of these opportunities, we are more aware of the options. And he's been watching Abby & Ellie do their activities while itching to be able to participate himself. In reality, we know that he'd have a blast. So after going back and forth on whether or not we were ready to start this, we've decided to go for it and see what the boy thinks.

Let's just say that he is excited, way excited. There are a few options available for his age range, and we asked him about two of the options. Of course he said he wanted to do both. So we narrowed it (for him) to basketball, his all time favorite thing to do. He now tells us (often!) that he wants us to sign him up to play basketball with other kids. So we will. Except we've now discovered that the brochure had a misprint in it regarding the dates. The printed dates didn't seem correct, and they weren't. So, we'll still sign him up but we get to wait a bit longer for the season to start.

Then last night we had to run home real quick to talk to a roofer that had time to talk with us. A hard thing to come by! As Spencer and I were driving through our neighborhood (where a few projects are in progress) he was asking questions. Then he told me that he wants mommy to sign him up for building houses.

Ya know what... I'd love to! Right about now I'd love it if any of my kids were older and had the know how to do the home projects that need to be done. Then I start dreaming about how cool it would be if they would be able to design (and/or build) a house for us. But then I realize that maybe I'm getting a bit ahead of myself. No need to rush these things! LOL

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home