Thursday, July 24, 2008

Friend Birthday Party

Abby & Ellie were invited to a birthday party, and so tonight we went to a local family fun center.

When we got the invite we were kinda leery. First, it was a combo birthday with his older brother. Second, the location. I don't know the last time Carie or I have been there. It was definitely pre-kids and definitely pre-relationship. I'm guessing our younger years. It was kinda a dive then and nothing has changed. Third, the location. Not the best parts of town. Fourth, it didn't seem like the most appropriate place for a 6yo birthday party. But that is just me.

Okay, so we go. They were excited to go to Kyle's birthday party. We decided that we would go as a family and I'm very glad we did. While it was a total waste of my/our evening, we weren't comfortable leaving the girls with this group. There was only one parent for about twelve kids... one parent! Not only was there just one parent, but it was clear to me right away that I wasn't comfortable with her ability to manage this group of kids. You just don't intentionally leave sight of the kids, someone else's kids, in this large public setting. Add that to my above concerns and no way were we leaving their sight. The parents of Kyle's other friend also stayed with the group and it was clear they were feeling uneasy about things as well. It was nice to get to know them better! We'll be attending their party in a few weeks.


Yet... Abby & Ellie had a great time. I'm very glad for that! I'm glad that we are able to be there to keep them as safe as possible so they can have a great time. But still, we won't be going back... possibly ever.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Tanya said...

We use to have FFC here too, just a different name now. I know J is a lot younger then the girls, but I wonldn't leave him alone either at a party. I swear half the parties I have gone to the parents rent a jumpy and then forget about the kids. I always stay with Justus and I'm not about to police their kids too.

10:16 AM, July 25, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home