Crazy Weekend Recap
What a weekend!
The vacation pictures have been printed and put into a photo book. I’d share them but man, where to start? There are roughly 380 pictures and we ended up printing 176. The kids are enjoying looking through them and sharing their memories with anyone who will look at it with them.
We had our sitter... again! She is so awesome... still! The plan was to meet up with some friends, which we did. But we got our sitter for earlier than we needed and we bummed around for a bit beforehand. It was all good. It was nice to go out with our friends, sans kids. We had a great evening, good food, great company, and great adult conversation.
It was a hot hot hot weekend for us and the trend continues for just another day or two before we see relief. But that's okay, this isn't "normal". The last time we saw these 100 degree temps (not to mention the heat indexes) was July 17th of last year... according to the weather man. I'm just hoping that we'll see some of our tomatoes finally turn red after some of this sun!
Speaking of gardening, a couple other things come to mind. At some point I need to explain Ellie's extreme fascination with the infomercial "Roll-n-Grow". I need to figure out which of our many DVR recordings has this infomercial on it and watch it myself. According to Carie, she has it down to a T. She doesn't do it front to back but rather shares tidbits with you at prime opportunities. I got the spiel Saturday morning while we were doing yard work. The other thought was Spencer's penis commentary. Incredibly hilarious but not all that publishable. He'll have enough embarrassing moments in his life; I’ll save him on this one.
Then the weekend takes a crazy twist and just as you think that some family situations can't possibly get any crazier, we were taken by surprise. Oh my goodness what a jaw dropping afternoon it was. Why do people keep subjecting themselves to this crap? We were mere (mostly) bystanders in this afternoons load of crap. But it still brings up my own issues and my own feelings. I’m tired of feeling so conflicted… “Family is important!” vs. “Why are we still dealing with this? Why are we still here?” We believe so strongly in both of those sentiments that it feels impossible to do anything different. Why does it have to be this way? Why does running away (with Carie and the kids, of course) seem like the only "solution"? This then leads us right back to banging our heads against the wall because family is a top priority. I just wish we could all play nice in the sandbox. Is that too much to ask?
The vacation pictures have been printed and put into a photo book. I’d share them but man, where to start? There are roughly 380 pictures and we ended up printing 176. The kids are enjoying looking through them and sharing their memories with anyone who will look at it with them.
We had our sitter... again! She is so awesome... still! The plan was to meet up with some friends, which we did. But we got our sitter for earlier than we needed and we bummed around for a bit beforehand. It was all good. It was nice to go out with our friends, sans kids. We had a great evening, good food, great company, and great adult conversation.
It was a hot hot hot weekend for us and the trend continues for just another day or two before we see relief. But that's okay, this isn't "normal". The last time we saw these 100 degree temps (not to mention the heat indexes) was July 17th of last year... according to the weather man. I'm just hoping that we'll see some of our tomatoes finally turn red after some of this sun!
Speaking of gardening, a couple other things come to mind. At some point I need to explain Ellie's extreme fascination with the infomercial "Roll-n-Grow". I need to figure out which of our many DVR recordings has this infomercial on it and watch it myself. According to Carie, she has it down to a T. She doesn't do it front to back but rather shares tidbits with you at prime opportunities. I got the spiel Saturday morning while we were doing yard work. The other thought was Spencer's penis commentary. Incredibly hilarious but not all that publishable. He'll have enough embarrassing moments in his life; I’ll save him on this one.
Then the weekend takes a crazy twist and just as you think that some family situations can't possibly get any crazier, we were taken by surprise. Oh my goodness what a jaw dropping afternoon it was. Why do people keep subjecting themselves to this crap? We were mere (mostly) bystanders in this afternoons load of crap. But it still brings up my own issues and my own feelings. I’m tired of feeling so conflicted… “Family is important!” vs. “Why are we still dealing with this? Why are we still here?” We believe so strongly in both of those sentiments that it feels impossible to do anything different. Why does it have to be this way? Why does running away (with Carie and the kids, of course) seem like the only "solution"? This then leads us right back to banging our heads against the wall because family is a top priority. I just wish we could all play nice in the sandbox. Is that too much to ask?



1 Comments:
Hugs to you on the family situation.
I had to laugh though with the Roll N Grow. I know exactly what commercial that is. Brendan loves it. And the Aqua Globe commercial. And Mighty Putty. Or just about any bunch of crap that they only sell on TV.
Post a Comment
<< Home