Monday, May 19, 2008

What A Week!

Really, it has been a long couple of weeks! I feel so behind. I feel like I need to rewind time a good 4 weeks, but in doing so I'd not want to undo any accomplishments that have been made. I just need extra time to make forward progress. Oddly, taking time off work hasn't helped at all. Carie has actually told me that I shouldn't take any more random days off work because our life seems to go to heck when I do.

First Ellie was sick. Ellie recovered and went back to school.

On the heels of Ellie's recover, Spencer became sick with Ellie's mystery illness. As a bonus, pink eye was added. Spencer seemed off Wednesday evening and by Thursday it was clear that he was our next patient. On Thursday we setup an appt with the Ped for first thing Friday morning. I had the day off and both Carie and I took Spencer in for his appointment.

Not long after we leave the doctor's office from Spencer's appointment we get a call from the school nurse to come pick up Abby. By the time we picked her up we had already made an appointment for her at our Peds office. We pick her up and went straight there. At that point we all felt that Spencer and Abby had whatever Ellie had just gotten over. We had already done the 72 hour waiting period and thought antibiotics were needed. In hindsight, it may have just been coincidental with Ellie. It's hard to say. She did seem to respond, but it doesn't seem that Abby has responded.

I don't think we've ever been in for two different sick visits within the same morning before! Friday evening, by the request of the on call nurse, Carie ended up taking Abby to the ER. It was a scary situation with some uncertainties. She's fine. She was just really sick and very mildly dehydrated which made her dizzy. Odd thing is, she was drinking fluids and she wasn't throwing up. She had been napping and then suddenly I found her on the floor in the dining room and unable to move or recall really how she got there. She was coherent enough to call for us but we had no idea if she had lost consciousness or not. All we did know for certain was that she wasn't there for long.

It just feels like it is never ending. In reality, I do believe the end is very near. This is one we just have to wait out.

We are also...
- Wrapping up our first year of school. It seems to be the time of year for field trips, field days, mother's day programs, culture programs, all school picnics, and everything else that needs to be crammed in during the last month of school.
- Wrapping up spring soccer season... an odd one at that.
- Kicking off softball season... oh this ought to be interesting.
- Getting signed up for summer activities... and not feeling very on top of it!
- Celebrating birthdays galore.
- Trying to plant a garden again.
- Trying to repair the yard after it didn't do so well last year.
- Preparing for back-to-back birthday parties... at our house... in 12 days.
- Trying to find summer clothes that fit the kids.
- And whatever else comes our way.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

That sounds like a scary time with Abby. Glad to hear she's ok! Hopefully all the kids will be healthy again soon. You have a lot on your plate right now!

8:33 PM, May 20, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home