Painting Advice
I was back at it again yesterday. I'm determined to finally wrap up this painting project that began 2 years ago! Yeah, the time I had the ladder incident and ended up in the ER. But I needed to face my fears! I needed to get this project off of my mental "to do" list. I’m also really pushing myself to get this inside project done before I get going on our outside projects.
I took a couple of days off a little over a week ago to work on this. However, that Friday ended up being completely consumed with many other tasks that needed attention. Including tasks I hadn't planned on, like my car suddenly breaking down and requiring immediate service. Thankfully it wasn't as bad as we, or the service tech, though it would be. Instead of a transmission we were back up and running (the same day) after some wiring was fixed. We also "saved" a good $1500... that we don't have and certainly didn’t want to spend on the car even if we had it. I then ended up taking the next Monday off in an effort to make some headway, and I did. But I needed more time and I just can't seem to carve out time from our weekends or evenings.
I got so much done yesterday! It is all really coming together and all I have left is a few small – very small – projects/areas. My goal is to get one of them done by the weekend and that will wrap up the kitchen and dining area. Just to be able to say that I'm done with "this space" will feel so dang good. Not to mention, it looks really good too. Finally it looks “finished”.
As I was painting last night I had a little helper. Spencer was at the table eating a snack. He was talking my ear off and thoroughly entertaining me. At the time, I was painting above the cabinets in the kitchen... a good 10' off the floor and just a bit out of reach, even for me. The ladder use is limited given that the counter, stove, and refrigerator are in the way! So, I was standing on the counter.
A few of the many things I heard...
"Momma, that is a bad idea!!!!"
"Momma, that is a really bad idea to stand on the counter!"
"Momma, you are not supposed to stand on the counter!"
Once I had moved and was painting from the floor.
"I bought that roller (paint roller I was using) with Mommy and I was really patient!"
"I pretended to paint my hands and cart while we were shopping."
I took a couple of days off a little over a week ago to work on this. However, that Friday ended up being completely consumed with many other tasks that needed attention. Including tasks I hadn't planned on, like my car suddenly breaking down and requiring immediate service. Thankfully it wasn't as bad as we, or the service tech, though it would be. Instead of a transmission we were back up and running (the same day) after some wiring was fixed. We also "saved" a good $1500... that we don't have and certainly didn’t want to spend on the car even if we had it. I then ended up taking the next Monday off in an effort to make some headway, and I did. But I needed more time and I just can't seem to carve out time from our weekends or evenings.
I got so much done yesterday! It is all really coming together and all I have left is a few small – very small – projects/areas. My goal is to get one of them done by the weekend and that will wrap up the kitchen and dining area. Just to be able to say that I'm done with "this space" will feel so dang good. Not to mention, it looks really good too. Finally it looks “finished”.
As I was painting last night I had a little helper. Spencer was at the table eating a snack. He was talking my ear off and thoroughly entertaining me. At the time, I was painting above the cabinets in the kitchen... a good 10' off the floor and just a bit out of reach, even for me. The ladder use is limited given that the counter, stove, and refrigerator are in the way! So, I was standing on the counter.
A few of the many things I heard...
"Momma, that is a bad idea!!!!"
"Momma, that is a really bad idea to stand on the counter!"
"Momma, you are not supposed to stand on the counter!"
Once I had moved and was painting from the floor.
"I bought that roller (paint roller I was using) with Mommy and I was really patient!"
"I pretended to paint my hands and cart while we were shopping."
Labels: House Projects, The Boy



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home