Happy Birthday Spencer
Spencer Rylan,
I can't believe it, but you are now 3 years old. You cannot skip 3 and go straight to 4, even though you've been telling people you are 4 for months now. Finally in the days leading up to your birthday we had convinced you that you would be 3 on your birthday. Now when asked, your response is that you are "3 on your birthday".
I also thought it was funny that whenever we wished you a Happy Birthday, you would wish us a Happy Birthday in return. We've had so many birthdays lately that I'm sure it is confusing. In the last two weeks alone we've recognized no less than 8 birthdays!
We had our little family party to celebrate your birthday. And because you are all about wrapped gifts, we managed to wrap up your big gift from us. Mommy and I had fun figuring out how to wrap your bike. It took many boxes and rolls of wrapping paper, but we did it. You noticed it the next morning. You thought it was cool. You checked it out and then left it alone. I was amazed at how long it took for you to suggest that it was time to open presents. That morning you got to open your gifts from Mommy & Momma, something from your sisters, and the gifts from our friends in St. Louis. You kept saying "this is from St. Louis!?!?!?"

Saturday evening we had some friends come over for dinner and cake. They also brought you a cool gift, and they didn't need to!!! Mommy made a rocket cake so she could practice for your party next weekend. You thought it was pretty cool and especially liked all of the frosting! It seemed like that was the defining moment for you. We have cake and candles; it must officially be my birthday! Maybe we should have had cake for breakfast?
I was impressed with how Mommy's practice cake turned out. I think I'll be really impressed with the real deal next weekend. Unfortunately I'm not a fan of cake! We just need to remember ice cream next time!

After the dust of the day had settled we realized that a package had arrived from Grandpa and Yia Yia. We could have waited to have you open it, but we were very excited to see what was inside. We knew that Yia Yia had been working on something special and we had no idea what it was. You opened the package to discover a really cool quilt made just for you. We all enjoyed looking at your quilt and all of the fabric that was chosen. It is a very nice and very special quilt that you will enjoy. You may just look at it for a while before you use it, just as you did with your yarn blanket. But now, that is all you want to be covered up with.
Sunday morning we slept in a bit. We missed Sunday school but made it to Church. We then went out to a new (to us) restaurant for lunch and everyone very much enjoyed that. Sunday afternoon we got outside so you could try out your new bike. You hopped on and pedaled down the street like you knew what you were doing. You did great with your pedaling and steering, and mildly okay with your braking. All we seem to need to work on is returning home! These wheels aren't a license for you to ride down the block to stop and play.

We love you silly boy, we love you very much!
I can't believe it, but you are now 3 years old. You cannot skip 3 and go straight to 4, even though you've been telling people you are 4 for months now. Finally in the days leading up to your birthday we had convinced you that you would be 3 on your birthday. Now when asked, your response is that you are "3 on your birthday".
I also thought it was funny that whenever we wished you a Happy Birthday, you would wish us a Happy Birthday in return. We've had so many birthdays lately that I'm sure it is confusing. In the last two weeks alone we've recognized no less than 8 birthdays!
We had our little family party to celebrate your birthday. And because you are all about wrapped gifts, we managed to wrap up your big gift from us. Mommy and I had fun figuring out how to wrap your bike. It took many boxes and rolls of wrapping paper, but we did it. You noticed it the next morning. You thought it was cool. You checked it out and then left it alone. I was amazed at how long it took for you to suggest that it was time to open presents. That morning you got to open your gifts from Mommy & Momma, something from your sisters, and the gifts from our friends in St. Louis. You kept saying "this is from St. Louis!?!?!?"
Saturday evening we had some friends come over for dinner and cake. They also brought you a cool gift, and they didn't need to!!! Mommy made a rocket cake so she could practice for your party next weekend. You thought it was pretty cool and especially liked all of the frosting! It seemed like that was the defining moment for you. We have cake and candles; it must officially be my birthday! Maybe we should have had cake for breakfast?
I was impressed with how Mommy's practice cake turned out. I think I'll be really impressed with the real deal next weekend. Unfortunately I'm not a fan of cake! We just need to remember ice cream next time!

After the dust of the day had settled we realized that a package had arrived from Grandpa and Yia Yia. We could have waited to have you open it, but we were very excited to see what was inside. We knew that Yia Yia had been working on something special and we had no idea what it was. You opened the package to discover a really cool quilt made just for you. We all enjoyed looking at your quilt and all of the fabric that was chosen. It is a very nice and very special quilt that you will enjoy. You may just look at it for a while before you use it, just as you did with your yarn blanket. But now, that is all you want to be covered up with.
Sunday morning we slept in a bit. We missed Sunday school but made it to Church. We then went out to a new (to us) restaurant for lunch and everyone very much enjoyed that. Sunday afternoon we got outside so you could try out your new bike. You hopped on and pedaled down the street like you knew what you were doing. You did great with your pedaling and steering, and mildly okay with your braking. All we seem to need to work on is returning home! These wheels aren't a license for you to ride down the block to stop and play.
We love you silly boy, we love you very much!



2 Comments:
Happy Birthday Spencer!!! I can't believe he's 3 already. And he is just all boy now, no baby left in those pics.
Happy birthday Spencer! what a great bike!
Post a Comment
<< Home