The Litter Box
I've been asked for pictures of the finished product. I'm certain the curiosity is driven by the color choices! :)
The virtual tour: The view is from the hall outside the "laundry room".
► In its rearranged state; we now have the washer & dryer immediately to the right upon entering the room. Realistically you don't even have to "enter" the room. Open the door and there it is! LOL
► Next to the washer (on the left) we have a cart that contains all of our laundry supplies. We've had this cart for years and continue to love it.
► Then there are bins to help sort and organize things like rags and laundry that is stained and (ought to be) in the process of stain treating/re-washing. These bins are a new addition to our laundry process and I really like them. I don't know how Carie feels about them. :)
► We then have the garbage can. We want a garbage can in here but have yet to come up with the ideal spot. Like we have a lot of choices! Before it was right inside the door, which had its pros & cons.
► In the far right lower corner (next to the plumbing) you'll see the remains of the previous dryer vent. I think this new system is working great so I should probably get rid of those pieces. In reality, I'm sure they'll be there for a long while to come.
► Along the back wall are clothes hampers. These are currently here for a trial period! Before they resided in the (small) closet in our bedroom. But, that system was really working better than anything we had tried before. So if this doesn't work, they will return to our closet and all will be right with the world.
► Along the left wall is the furnace & hot water heater. You'll notice that the door to this room does not and will not open all the way. This is as far as it goes folks. The poor hot water heater has a big ding in it from the door knob.
► Behind the door is a nice little corner for shit to collect.
► We added more lights to the room. There was quite the discussion on what lighting to get. Thankfully Carie went simple and got what I wanted. They aren't fancy, by any stretch of the imagination. But they are decent, they provide really nice light, they were only $5 each, and it is a utility room the size of a litter box!
► The "laundry room" really extends to the hallway. There is a long hallway between the family room and the kids play room with doors to the laundry room and a bathroom. We've got a shelf installed right outside the laundry room that gives us a place to hang up clothes.
► Yeah, the door is green and you may even see some of the blue-ish color. This is an extension of the kids’ playroom which has a few fun bright colors. Don’t worry; our whole house isn’t like this! Comparatively, the rest of the house is pretty boring.

Colors up close!

My handy little helpers!
(I have no idea what Ellie is doing with her leg)




The virtual tour: The view is from the hall outside the "laundry room".
► In its rearranged state; we now have the washer & dryer immediately to the right upon entering the room. Realistically you don't even have to "enter" the room. Open the door and there it is! LOL
► Next to the washer (on the left) we have a cart that contains all of our laundry supplies. We've had this cart for years and continue to love it.
► Then there are bins to help sort and organize things like rags and laundry that is stained and (ought to be) in the process of stain treating/re-washing. These bins are a new addition to our laundry process and I really like them. I don't know how Carie feels about them. :)
► We then have the garbage can. We want a garbage can in here but have yet to come up with the ideal spot. Like we have a lot of choices! Before it was right inside the door, which had its pros & cons.
► In the far right lower corner (next to the plumbing) you'll see the remains of the previous dryer vent. I think this new system is working great so I should probably get rid of those pieces. In reality, I'm sure they'll be there for a long while to come.
► Along the back wall are clothes hampers. These are currently here for a trial period! Before they resided in the (small) closet in our bedroom. But, that system was really working better than anything we had tried before. So if this doesn't work, they will return to our closet and all will be right with the world.
► Along the left wall is the furnace & hot water heater. You'll notice that the door to this room does not and will not open all the way. This is as far as it goes folks. The poor hot water heater has a big ding in it from the door knob.
► Behind the door is a nice little corner for shit to collect.
► We added more lights to the room. There was quite the discussion on what lighting to get. Thankfully Carie went simple and got what I wanted. They aren't fancy, by any stretch of the imagination. But they are decent, they provide really nice light, they were only $5 each, and it is a utility room the size of a litter box!
► The "laundry room" really extends to the hallway. There is a long hallway between the family room and the kids play room with doors to the laundry room and a bathroom. We've got a shelf installed right outside the laundry room that gives us a place to hang up clothes.
► Yeah, the door is green and you may even see some of the blue-ish color. This is an extension of the kids’ playroom which has a few fun bright colors. Don’t worry; our whole house isn’t like this! Comparatively, the rest of the house is pretty boring.
Colors up close!
My handy little helpers!
(I have no idea what Ellie is doing with her leg)
Labels: House Projects, The Girls



1 Comments:
Thank you for posting, inquiring minds DID want to know! You were so subtle about it too. I think it looks awesome!
Post a Comment
<< Home