Friday, March 28, 2008

Egg Coloring

Our grand plan was to decorate Easter eggs on Friday evening. We even had plans to go to Lincoln to enjoy the activity with my brother, his new girlfriend, and his daughters. We wanted to get together with those nieces since they weren't able to be around the whole weekend. Unfortunately Ellie was feeling ill and it was best that we stayed home.

We gave the kids the choice of waiting to decorate eggs on Saturday, after all there was really no rush. The Easter bunny would just come after we were done. But they all were really jazzed up to do it Friday evening, including Ellie. While we got everything assembled Ellie "took a little rest" on our bed so she could "try to stay awake" to decorate the eggs. She was just so sweet.














Once we were ready for the real fun she joined us. I felt so bad for her. She really wanted to have fun, and I'm sure she did. But she was just so drained. I sat next to her and we worked as a team to decorate her carton of eggs.














Carie sat between Spencer and Abby and worked hard at keeping Spencer's cups upright. Spencer enjoyed coloring his eggs and quickly burned through 2 cartons of 18ct eggs, mostly colored in green. By the time he was all done his hands were as green as the eggs! They remained green through the weekend.
















Abby really enjoyed decorating her carton of eggs. She enjoyed writing on the eggs and decorating eggs for people we'd be celebrating with. She then took her time selecting which colors she wanted to use for each egg.















In the end there was one carton left to decorate but we kept that knowledge between us. We figured Spencer had done his share, Ellie wasn’t up for it, Abby didn’t know and she was perfectly happy with what she had done! After the kids were off to bed we finished up the egg coloring. It didn’t take us long and then we got everything cleaned up. It was time to prepare for the Easter Bunny and the full weekend ahead of us.

We had quite a few eggs on purpose! I figured that I wanted to have plenty for them to enjoy decorating them. I didn’t want it to be a 10 minute activity and have the kids bummed that we were done so quickly. Also, we weren’t doing plastic eggs for hunting and I wanted to make sure there were plenty of eggs for the 4 kids (our 3 & niece) to hunt. I didn’t want anyone to be bummed that they only “got a few” eggs! I also didn’t want it to be a big race or competition, just look for eggs and have fun. I’m also happy to say that the eggs aren’t going to waste!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home