The Boy Is Noticing
I think the boy is starting to notice that the candy is gone. I guess Carie has found more and has pitched it. I don't even know what she found or where she found it. But it is gone!
Yesterday morning he started asking for jelly beans and suckers. I told him that we didn't have any, and understandably so he didn't believe me. He told me where they were, which is where they have been in the past. So I drug a chair over to get the baskets down. I was happy to show him that there was no candy in either of the baskets. All he found was glitter glue (yes, this must be stored up high!), bread, and lunch sacks!
He was totally okay with it. He moved on!
I love that all this is out of our home. So far we don't even have candy purchased or planned for Easter. At our house I think the plan is to dye a ton of eggs and skip the plastic eggs all together. The kids will each have an Easter basket, which may have a special candy item in them. But that is it from us. I have no idea what my parents have planned. It will be what it will be.
Yesterday morning he started asking for jelly beans and suckers. I told him that we didn't have any, and understandably so he didn't believe me. He told me where they were, which is where they have been in the past. So I drug a chair over to get the baskets down. I was happy to show him that there was no candy in either of the baskets. All he found was glitter glue (yes, this must be stored up high!), bread, and lunch sacks!
He was totally okay with it. He moved on!
I love that all this is out of our home. So far we don't even have candy purchased or planned for Easter. At our house I think the plan is to dye a ton of eggs and skip the plastic eggs all together. The kids will each have an Easter basket, which may have a special candy item in them. But that is it from us. I have no idea what my parents have planned. It will be what it will be.
Labels: The Boy



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home