Tuesday, March 04, 2008

If This Is Any Indication

I'm sick, again.

I don't get sick very often (at least for the first 37 years of my life), but when I do it seems to attack my body and bring me down. I feel like such a big baby! My sinuses are raising white flags with body aches and chills thrown in for good measure.

Carie kindly turned our heated mattress pad on before I arrived home yesterday. She knew I was on my way and knew I'd be heading straight to bed, without passing Go or collecting $200 (I kicked ass at Monopoly Saturday night). I climbed into bed and burrowed into the heated bed and layers of blankets. It was nice! After hours of sleeping like that I suddenly became hot, really damn hot. Carie happened to be in the room and I asked her what setting she set the bed on. Her response, high! She had told me she turned it on thinking that I'd check it and turn it down before climbing in. Nope. But it felt great for hours.


Then I opened up the patio door because "I" thought it was hot inside. I did check the thermostat first and it was warmer than what we had the heat set at. Personally, I thought the nice cool breeze was refreshing! I was quickly informed that I was an anomaly and that "I" could go stand outside but the door wasn't to be left open. Thankfully my body temp evened out later that evening.

I do need to call and beg to get a refill on my cough syrup with codeine. That stuff is magic.

If this is any indication of what I have to look forward to this Spring, I retreat. I want our crappy winter back.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

uh oh. There is some major stomach/viral things going on around here. I hope you are feeling back to your normal self soon.

9:39 AM, March 05, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home