Summer School
The topic of Summer School has recently come up in our house. The girls' attended summer school last year, a Kindergarten readiness class, and had a great time. It was a good time for all of us to prepare for Kindergarten!
But going forward, what do we want to do? Unfortunately enrollment is just around the corner!
So I posed the question to the girls' and explained all the options. They both responded rather quickly and very enthusiastically. They both want to go to Summer School. So I guess we'll look into it further.
For their grade level they have 3 options to choose from. They are Reading & Writing, Fizzing Liquids & Math, and Spanish. I was really hoping for an art offering! We talked briefly about these 3 options and they each showed interest in a specific class.
Abby chose Fizzing Liquids and Math. I'm not at all surprised.
Ellie chose Reading & Writing. I'm quite surprised. I was absolutely uncertain as to which one she would choose, but this did surprise me. We suspect this goes back to that whole self confidence thing. She may absolutely take a Reading & Writing class if that is something that she would enjoy. But I don't want her to select that purely because she doesn't think she is good enough in her reading and writing. That so is not the case!
I'm personally interested in getting more information on the Spanish class. They are getting Spanish in their regular lesson plan throughout the year. I'd like to know more about how they plan to execute the Summer School class that is dedicated to Spanish. The course description didn't cut it for me!
If we do enroll them they'll need to pick a 1st and a 2nd choice, with the hopes that they'll get into their 1st choice.
But going forward, what do we want to do? Unfortunately enrollment is just around the corner!
So I posed the question to the girls' and explained all the options. They both responded rather quickly and very enthusiastically. They both want to go to Summer School. So I guess we'll look into it further.
For their grade level they have 3 options to choose from. They are Reading & Writing, Fizzing Liquids & Math, and Spanish. I was really hoping for an art offering! We talked briefly about these 3 options and they each showed interest in a specific class.
Abby chose Fizzing Liquids and Math. I'm not at all surprised.
Ellie chose Reading & Writing. I'm quite surprised. I was absolutely uncertain as to which one she would choose, but this did surprise me. We suspect this goes back to that whole self confidence thing. She may absolutely take a Reading & Writing class if that is something that she would enjoy. But I don't want her to select that purely because she doesn't think she is good enough in her reading and writing. That so is not the case!
I'm personally interested in getting more information on the Spanish class. They are getting Spanish in their regular lesson plan throughout the year. I'd like to know more about how they plan to execute the Summer School class that is dedicated to Spanish. The course description didn't cut it for me!
If we do enroll them they'll need to pick a 1st and a 2nd choice, with the hopes that they'll get into their 1st choice.
Labels: School



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home