Monday, February 18, 2008

So Much For That

By Friday night I was down for the count. It came on fast and with full force.

We did manage to take care of the fish items on the list. Carie took the kids up to the store Friday evening while I cleaned out the tank. We had happy children all around. While the new fishie (still Rosa Beauty) got acclimated to her (really his) surroundings from the view of the bag, we enjoyed our fondue party. More happy kids. Spencer was jumping up and down and screaming "Fondue party - Yeah! I'm so excited, I'm so excited, I'm so excited". The funny thing is he doesn't really like dipping his food in chocolate. He'd dip something and quickly hand it to us to eat and wouldn't ever eat it himself. Silly boy!

Saturday we ended up going to Lincoln. We thought it would be good to get out of the house. We didn't think I was that sick. We certainly weren't going to get anything done at home. Why not go and at least accomplish something. We didn't take the 2nd car as neither of us was up to dealing with the storage shed. My body just wanted to veg out on the couch! We knew that my Grandma wasn't coming down but we thought that my brother and his daughters would be there. The kids were excited to see and play with their cousins. Well, as it turns out they weren't there. They weren't there until after dinner at which point it is time for us to start packing it up to head home. My family communicates like, oh... I don't know... A blind man talking to a deaf man walking down a dark alley.

But the kids had a good time playing at Grandma's and they did get to see their cousins for a short time. I got to do all sorts of things for mom that happen to be on my "to do" list. But moms stuff is now listed on CL and that little project is done, for now. I also have no delusions that this project is complete. If only my stuff was magically listed, that would be great! We also had the pleasure of meeting my brother's new girl friend. It would have been nice to meet her on an occasion where I didn't feel like death had come over me. Oh well.

Carie drove us home (a rarity) while I fell asleep in the van (another rarity) and then went straight to bed once home. I guess Spencer was quite concerned about how I would get out of the van. He was afraid that Mommy was going to leave me there!

Sunday morning I slept in and only woke as I heard the family headed out the door to go to Sunday school and Church. I thought I was feeling pretty good so I got up and got ready to go. Boy that getting ready to go stuff was hard work and I was quickly exhausted. I still went and met them at Church, a nice surprise for them (I was told). I was glad I made it! I got to see Ellie (and her choir) sing as well as the youth choir. They all did an amazing job, but I was really blown away by the youth choir. The song was incredible and then they all signed it while singing it. It was a really really cool experience. I was really proud of their accomplishments.

We actually left service a bit early so we could get some lunch in prior to Carie and the girls' heading downtown to The Ballet. They picked up one of Abby's classmates to take with them and they all had a great time. After the theatre performance they went to choir rehearsal and then made it home in time for dinner. An unusually busy busy day for the girls! Spencer and I hung out at home where he took an awesome nap; I moved some laundry, started dinner, and vegged out myself. It was exactly what I needed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home