Happy Valentine's Day
Happy Valentine's Day to our friends & family!
We began our celebrations yesterday with the girls' Valentine's Party at school. Mommy made her yummy frosting (10 cups!) for their snack project and we took 60 juice boxes for the event. Talk about sugar overload! I helped plan the event and got to go help out and watch the kids have fun. I really love that they did all the Valentine's Day card exchange outside of the party. It appears that they have been doing that over the course of the last few days. They all had fun giving their cards, but it was nice that that level of craziness didn't consume their party time! At the party they had a great time doing a couple of craft/art projects, playing heart bingo, and making love bugs for their snacks. I then stuck around for their lunch period and enjoyed having lunch with the girls. That whole lunch process continues to amaze me!
While I was at school with the girls', Carie had taken the other kids to a party of their own. They met up with a friend of ours and her two girls at the community center for the mom and tots program. They played a lot of games and had a lot of fun! They then continued the fun by going to lunch together before heading home for naps.
Last night we celebrated Valentine's Day Eve, as Abby called it. We have swimming lessons tonight that no one wants to miss. We had talked about celebrating on Friday, but when I got home from work Spencer was so excited about something they had been working on. He wanted to show me his paper, except it was a surprise. So the kids ended up giving me my Valentine's gift, a beautiful frame with some really cool b/w pics that I've taken of each of them. They had wrapped it up nicely in wrapping paper made by them. Then it went on from there and ultimately everyone got to open their Valentine's gifts. We had a delicious dinner that everyone was excited about and enjoyed, including some great family conversations. So we are now calling this our Valentine's Dinner! :) The kids then filled up on their sugary Valentine's treats. We plan to do dessert fondue with the kids, our only real Valentine's plans, but I think we'll wait until Friday night to enjoy that.
We also discovered just how much the teachers like frosting during this little adventure. Let's just say that Carie made plenty (way too much actually) for the party. As we headed to lunch I saw the containers and though oh my, that is a lot of frosting leftover! We had no idea how much would be needed! The leftovers were sent home with me, but at that point there wasn't much frosting left in either of the very large containers. Turns out, the teachers enjoyed dipping the leftover vanilla wafers in the frosting. When I offered to leave the rest of the frosting behind, Abby's teacher thought about it for a moment and then decided she was already feeling ill from the amount she had already consumed. I'm glad they enjoyed it! I'm glad we didn't get all that sent home as we wouldn't have been able to use it! I'm also glad that they have no idea that we know how much was left after the party vs. how much was left after lunch! I think we'll be making frosting again! LOL
We began our celebrations yesterday with the girls' Valentine's Party at school. Mommy made her yummy frosting (10 cups!) for their snack project and we took 60 juice boxes for the event. Talk about sugar overload! I helped plan the event and got to go help out and watch the kids have fun. I really love that they did all the Valentine's Day card exchange outside of the party. It appears that they have been doing that over the course of the last few days. They all had fun giving their cards, but it was nice that that level of craziness didn't consume their party time! At the party they had a great time doing a couple of craft/art projects, playing heart bingo, and making love bugs for their snacks. I then stuck around for their lunch period and enjoyed having lunch with the girls. That whole lunch process continues to amaze me!
While I was at school with the girls', Carie had taken the other kids to a party of their own. They met up with a friend of ours and her two girls at the community center for the mom and tots program. They played a lot of games and had a lot of fun! They then continued the fun by going to lunch together before heading home for naps.
Last night we celebrated Valentine's Day Eve, as Abby called it. We have swimming lessons tonight that no one wants to miss. We had talked about celebrating on Friday, but when I got home from work Spencer was so excited about something they had been working on. He wanted to show me his paper, except it was a surprise. So the kids ended up giving me my Valentine's gift, a beautiful frame with some really cool b/w pics that I've taken of each of them. They had wrapped it up nicely in wrapping paper made by them. Then it went on from there and ultimately everyone got to open their Valentine's gifts. We had a delicious dinner that everyone was excited about and enjoyed, including some great family conversations. So we are now calling this our Valentine's Dinner! :) The kids then filled up on their sugary Valentine's treats. We plan to do dessert fondue with the kids, our only real Valentine's plans, but I think we'll wait until Friday night to enjoy that.
We also discovered just how much the teachers like frosting during this little adventure. Let's just say that Carie made plenty (way too much actually) for the party. As we headed to lunch I saw the containers and though oh my, that is a lot of frosting leftover! We had no idea how much would be needed! The leftovers were sent home with me, but at that point there wasn't much frosting left in either of the very large containers. Turns out, the teachers enjoyed dipping the leftover vanilla wafers in the frosting. When I offered to leave the rest of the frosting behind, Abby's teacher thought about it for a moment and then decided she was already feeling ill from the amount she had already consumed. I'm glad they enjoyed it! I'm glad we didn't get all that sent home as we wouldn't have been able to use it! I'm also glad that they have no idea that we know how much was left after the party vs. how much was left after lunch! I think we'll be making frosting again! LOL
Labels: The Boy, The Girls, Valentine's



1 Comments:
Sounds like lots of fun. The frosting must be awesome.
Post a Comment
<< Home