Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Why Grandma Shall Not Get A Computer

I spent an hour on the phone with my mother last night trying to explain and navigate e-mail and the internet.

THE hour between getting the kids settled into bed and Carie collapsing into bed feeling under the weather.

It was not a fun conversation, for either of us I'd presume. I'm positive she didn't understand most of what I was trying to explain to her. She keeps repeating things that people tell her but yet she hasn't a clue what she is saying.

I wasn't a very good teacher, I'm certain. But she did get the CL ads I put together posted. Success, I guess. Had I known that she didn't really know how to check her e-mail, I would have addressed that first and foremost!

But I will not be participating in any effort to get my Grandmother a computer. I cannot do this. My solution was the digital photo frame. The digital photo frame that she thinks she needs to watch frame by frame if it is on. Poor Grandma, I loaded that thing down with hundreds of photos!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Ha ha ha! I can relate. My parents both call me constantly with computer questions. It seems they have strange problems that I never seem to have, and for some reason they think I can figure out ANYTHING to do with the computer. My mom has all kinds of trouble getting her pictures off her camera and onto her computer, and then accessing them once they are on. She drives me insane! I hate, hate, hate it when they call with computer questions. It's so frustrating.

3:32 PM, February 20, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home