Snow Day
Except it isn't snowing! It is just that freakin cold.
Schools in and around our community are closed for the entire day. In some areas, teachers are reporting for part or all of the day. I'm glad to see that our teachers don't have to report!
We got the call last night. It was pretty late for the phone to ring and so I assumed it was family calling. Carie got incredibly quiet and had a serious look on her face. I thought something was quite wrong. See, the kids just went back to school yesterday after a long long break. She was kinda looking forward to getting back into her routines. The kids were all looking forward to going to school.
I went to see if the girls were still awake to give them the news. They were, of course, still awake and were semi-excited about no school for today. Mostly they were just excited that Mommy wasn't going to wake them up in the morning! Quickly though they realized that today was Wednesday and they would miss Wednesday's Specials. Their solution, they would do Wednesday's Specials at home!
Upon my return downstairs I shared this news with Carie. She was a bit worried about their plans knowing that it would involve some sort of art project. Art projects are great except that they feel that they need to string art supplies from one end of the room to the next.
I just called home and Wednesday's Specials is well underway in our house and it is all going great. It seems that everyone, young and old, is enjoying their morning.
Both Abby & Ellie had decided that they would teach a Wednesday's Specials program. Abby was going to lead a cooking project and Ellie was going to lead an art project. After the cooking project got underway they all decided that they'd like to participate in that and then do the art project. They made crackers, which are now resting in preparation for baking. I have no idea what the art project is. I do know that it involves scissors. I guess I'll find out when I get home!
Schools in and around our community are closed for the entire day. In some areas, teachers are reporting for part or all of the day. I'm glad to see that our teachers don't have to report!
We got the call last night. It was pretty late for the phone to ring and so I assumed it was family calling. Carie got incredibly quiet and had a serious look on her face. I thought something was quite wrong. See, the kids just went back to school yesterday after a long long break. She was kinda looking forward to getting back into her routines. The kids were all looking forward to going to school.
I went to see if the girls were still awake to give them the news. They were, of course, still awake and were semi-excited about no school for today. Mostly they were just excited that Mommy wasn't going to wake them up in the morning! Quickly though they realized that today was Wednesday and they would miss Wednesday's Specials. Their solution, they would do Wednesday's Specials at home!
Upon my return downstairs I shared this news with Carie. She was a bit worried about their plans knowing that it would involve some sort of art project. Art projects are great except that they feel that they need to string art supplies from one end of the room to the next.
I just called home and Wednesday's Specials is well underway in our house and it is all going great. It seems that everyone, young and old, is enjoying their morning.
Both Abby & Ellie had decided that they would teach a Wednesday's Specials program. Abby was going to lead a cooking project and Ellie was going to lead an art project. After the cooking project got underway they all decided that they'd like to participate in that and then do the art project. They made crackers, which are now resting in preparation for baking. I have no idea what the art project is. I do know that it involves scissors. I guess I'll find out when I get home!
Labels: School Break, The Girls



2 Comments:
The part about the look on Carie's face made me laugh. I'm glad the day is going okay for all of them.
Hello! Found your blog through a friend, Rainbow Family of Four. Just wanted to say I love hearing about your days with your family! I will be reading regularly :).
Post a Comment
<< Home