Monday, March 10, 2008

Go Away Bears

Last night Spencer found a paci. We knew one was on the loose but didn't know where it was. We also hadn't searched for it like we should have. Clearly if we would have just opened our eyes, we would have seen it right there in the middle of the room! At least that is where I think he found it.

He appeared with it in his mouth, all proud of such a find. I asked him if I could have it. He said no. I let it go.

Then Mommy appears and notices the boy's find. She attempts to remove it from him and he again wasn't giving it up, willingly.

I figured that he found it fair and square and we ought to let it go. By the look on his face I could tell that he was playing it up and we didn't need to engage in such a battle. While he was excited about finding it, he also clearly knew that he didn't really need them anymore. I wanted to see how confident he was, how sure he was that he didn’t need it. It wasn't long and he set it aside.

Bedtime rolled around not long after and he didn't mention his paci once - to either of us. He told Mommy that he wanted Momma, in that desperate whiny sort of voice. I had to go in to convince him that the bears were in their own homes and they were already sleeping.

Bears?? What happened to monsters?

Personally, I'll take on bears over monsters any day!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Tracey said...

Hmm, I wonder why he's latched onto bears as being scary! It's all about the monsters in our house, but A acts play scared. I don't think she's really afraid of them, but she enjoys the drama of ACTING afraid of them. Little drama queen!

11:17 AM, March 12, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home