Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Silly Sleepy Boy

The weather is beautiful. For the 2nd day in a row we are in the 60's, with the potential of tomorrow following suit. It won't last for long as it is supposed to drop just in time for the weekend. But while it is here, we are enjoying it! The kids are especially loving the abundance of outdoor playtime.

You would think that all this running around and fresh air would tucker them out! That so isn't the case. I'm certain that the time change this past weekend isn't helping. I know that both Carie and I are still very much feeling it.

The kids laid down for their daily nap today, and all was good. Great even. Spencer laid right down and proceeded to talk and sing to himself. No big deal, except it went on forever.

After a bit Carie went in to check on him and remind him that it was nap time. As she opened his door he immediately scrunched his eyes shut. While he needs to work on his pretend sleep, it was really dang cute.

Carie whispers to him: "Spencer"
Spencer whispers back, with eyes squeezed shut: "yes"

The whispering and wrinkly eyes continue...

Carie: "It is naptime; you need to go to sleep"
Spencer: "Okay"
Carie: "I love you!"
Spencer: "I love you too!"

Then just like that he went to sleep.


There are so many reasons why I love this boy, and this is one of them. Sleep has never been a real challenge with him, even in the most challenging of times. Of course it is probably to his benefit that we had a completely different experience with his sisters'!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Tracey said...

AWWWW! Okay that is darned adorable.

4:06 PM, March 12, 2008  
Blogger Laura said...

That is just so sweet!!

8:11 AM, March 14, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home