A Bit Of Morning Art
Crayola meets dryer.
Let's just say that making this discovery in the morning, as you are pulling your dress pants out of the dryer, is not a happy moment. Yeah, I was going to wear those pants today! I (thought I) needed those pants today.
And look what I found in the dryer, chunks of pink and yellow (a weird yellow) crayons melted into all sorts of fun crevices! There was some blue as well which mixed with the yellowish color made a pretty green. I never found the source of the blue. Let’s hope it isn’t hiding!
That would also explain the markings all over the pile of jeans that were on the couch. I thought I'd fold them as I waited for my dress pants to dry. And, well, the boy was looking for a place to sit on the couch so we could play his basketball game. It should have clicked right then and there that maybe I should have looked in the dryer. But no, the connection didn't come until much later. Oh well, I’m sure the damage was well done by then.
Hmmm, I wonder about the other load of darks that were waiting to be folded. I think I’m afraid to ask Carie which load came first!
This would be the only drawback to having a large capacity washer & dryer. If something goes awry, it affects a lot of clothes!
The upside? I didn't throw my entire load of dress darks in the dryer. This totally makes my day.
But now I’m thinking. Certainly we could design a toy out of this experience. Easy Bake Oven meets Spin Art. It sure would beat crayon shavings and irons!
Let's just say that making this discovery in the morning, as you are pulling your dress pants out of the dryer, is not a happy moment. Yeah, I was going to wear those pants today! I (thought I) needed those pants today.
And look what I found in the dryer, chunks of pink and yellow (a weird yellow) crayons melted into all sorts of fun crevices! There was some blue as well which mixed with the yellowish color made a pretty green. I never found the source of the blue. Let’s hope it isn’t hiding!
That would also explain the markings all over the pile of jeans that were on the couch. I thought I'd fold them as I waited for my dress pants to dry. And, well, the boy was looking for a place to sit on the couch so we could play his basketball game. It should have clicked right then and there that maybe I should have looked in the dryer. But no, the connection didn't come until much later. Oh well, I’m sure the damage was well done by then.
Hmmm, I wonder about the other load of darks that were waiting to be folded. I think I’m afraid to ask Carie which load came first!
This would be the only drawback to having a large capacity washer & dryer. If something goes awry, it affects a lot of clothes!
The upside? I didn't throw my entire load of dress darks in the dryer. This totally makes my day.
But now I’m thinking. Certainly we could design a toy out of this experience. Easy Bake Oven meets Spin Art. It sure would beat crayon shavings and irons!
Labels: Family



4 Comments:
I was hoping for PHOTOS of said pants! I'm sorry, crayons and clothing do not mix. Not ever. No no no.
Oh no, no, no. That is worse than when we washed (and dried) a basketful of clothes with stickers on them (turned inside out, didn't notice). I had to rewash everything after using turpentine multiple times. Ick.
Ugh, crayons in the wash are the worst. I remember the time there as one stuck down the foot of one of Brendan's sleepers. Besides what it did to the clothes, the inside of the dryer (my parents' dryer actually) was stained red forever after that.
This comment has been removed by the author.
Post a Comment
<< Home