Almost Anything
The clogged toilet began Wednesday, I think. That is when we really noticed it and dug out the plunger. The plunger takes care of anything! Or, it always has in the past. But not now. What the heck is up, we wonder.
Tuesday night (or really, Wednesday morning), at 12:15 AM, we were searching high and low for a very important piece to Spencer's car seat. Long story short, it went missing in the process of cleaning it up... which was one task in a series of many tasks. Carie stuck the chest clip in her back pocket "so it wouldn't go missing". Yeah, we were both quite frustrated.
By Wednesday afternoon Carie had made the brilliant connection between our sudden toilet troubles and the disappearance of the chest clip. Totally makes sense to me! Because seriously, why isn't the plunger working?
Carie called the plumber Thursday morning to see what the options were. We didn't know for certain that the chest clip was stuck in there, but the odds were high. Oh, and we've both plunged the crap out of it so I'm sure it is lodged really dang good. I'm thinking that if the odds are high that we'll need a new toilet I'd prefer to have one ready for the plumber to install while he is there, instead of paying for yet another service call.
Their response... "We can get almost anything out". He sounded very confident that if there was something clogging the toilet, they would find it and remove it. Okay! Turns out, he has a guy that does just that. I don't know, I don't think I'd want to dig around in people's toilets all day long!
So he shows up. He gets his handy dandy tool out and does his thing. Then it is clear to Carie that his tool got stuck. It was also clear to Carie that the guy was momentarily panicked so she decided it was time to stop hovering over him. Somehow he got his tool unstuck and he got the chest clip out as well. Yay!
I'm quite amazed that this is the first time we've had to have someone fish something out of the toilet, quite surprised. I don't think Carie will be using her back pocket as a "safe place" anymore!
Tuesday night (or really, Wednesday morning), at 12:15 AM, we were searching high and low for a very important piece to Spencer's car seat. Long story short, it went missing in the process of cleaning it up... which was one task in a series of many tasks. Carie stuck the chest clip in her back pocket "so it wouldn't go missing". Yeah, we were both quite frustrated.
By Wednesday afternoon Carie had made the brilliant connection between our sudden toilet troubles and the disappearance of the chest clip. Totally makes sense to me! Because seriously, why isn't the plunger working?
Carie called the plumber Thursday morning to see what the options were. We didn't know for certain that the chest clip was stuck in there, but the odds were high. Oh, and we've both plunged the crap out of it so I'm sure it is lodged really dang good. I'm thinking that if the odds are high that we'll need a new toilet I'd prefer to have one ready for the plumber to install while he is there, instead of paying for yet another service call.
Their response... "We can get almost anything out". He sounded very confident that if there was something clogging the toilet, they would find it and remove it. Okay! Turns out, he has a guy that does just that. I don't know, I don't think I'd want to dig around in people's toilets all day long!
So he shows up. He gets his handy dandy tool out and does his thing. Then it is clear to Carie that his tool got stuck. It was also clear to Carie that the guy was momentarily panicked so she decided it was time to stop hovering over him. Somehow he got his tool unstuck and he got the chest clip out as well. Yay!
I'm quite amazed that this is the first time we've had to have someone fish something out of the toilet, quite surprised. I don't think Carie will be using her back pocket as a "safe place" anymore!
Labels: House Projects



2 Comments:
HaHaHa - we've had a plastic ice-cream cone lodged in our toilet - $75.00 later...and a 4 foot tree root pulled out - $350.00 - uggg.
yep cell phones your two year old has given 'a bath to'don't come out easily either...nor do they work after their bath...Harriet did this to two of my cell phones ..the second time the insurance company were not so pleased to pay out for a new one
Post a Comment
<< Home