Thursday, May 08, 2008

School Love

I had a great conversation with Ellie's teacher and as a bonus Abby's teacher got in on the tail end of it.

Even better, the teacher quickly figured out where it was all coming from even before I shared what I knew. Thankfully we were able to put our information together and we both now know more about what is going on.

My timing couldn't have been more perfect (lucky!) as the teacher had plans to talk with the other student's parents that afternoon. Our information helped clear up the teacher's version of what was going on and helped support her existing concerns.

I really feel for this other girl. I knew that she was relatively new to the school. What I didn't know was that this is the 3rd school she's been in this year. That is a lot for a Kindergartener to handle and it sounds like it has been tough.

With all the activities going on at school over the next couple of weeks, we’ll be at school and in contact with the teachers quite a lot. The plan is that we’ll share any new developments. I just hope that they all get the support they need to move past this in a positive manner.

In the mean time, Ellie is actually out of school for a couple of days. She has spiked a fever of 104.3 a few times yesterday and had us really concerned. Thankfully we were always able to get it under control and into a safer zone. It appeared to finally break late last night and I’m hoping that it doesn’t repeat today! I was at school for their culture program yesterday and her teacher and friends were so awesome and were worried about her being gone. I’m hoping that she’ll be able to return to school tomorrow since they have been really looking forward to their Mother’s Day program. They’ve been working on this for some time now and they are so excited and so proud. I’d hate for her to have to miss it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home