Memorial Weekend
Was GREAT!
Friday afternoon it was just the girls and I. We were off doing some things and they brought up the fact that the coming Monday was Memorial Day. It was fascinating to discuss with the girls the intent of this holiday. They both had amazing questions and thoughtful answers. It gave me an opportunity to talk about Great Grandpa, who is no longer with us. It helped that they do know Great Grandma (my mom's mom) and could make the connection. They debated over the location of the "rocks" (headstones) at the cemetery. I helped clarify that one and then the conversation got a bit theological. It was clear that they were struggling with the concept of the physical bodies (or bones as they referred to them) being in cemeteries and a person's soul being in Heaven. They seemed content with the discussion, the questions and answers. But next time, I think I'll need Carie’s help with the theology!
Saturday morning I woke with pink eye. Of course I went on about our day as planned. It was a busy one! Sunday & Monday were pretty much stay at home family days. It was nice to be at home and getting things done. It was nice to have an extra day!
I don't know the last time that we didn't go to "the lake" over Memorial Weekend. It felt kinda weird not going. But it felt really good to just be... at home. After we get through this week and the dust settles, I think I'll take a day off work and we'll all head up to the lake during the week. The kids would love that! Great Grandma & Grandpa (my dad's parents) would love that!
Friday afternoon it was just the girls and I. We were off doing some things and they brought up the fact that the coming Monday was Memorial Day. It was fascinating to discuss with the girls the intent of this holiday. They both had amazing questions and thoughtful answers. It gave me an opportunity to talk about Great Grandpa, who is no longer with us. It helped that they do know Great Grandma (my mom's mom) and could make the connection. They debated over the location of the "rocks" (headstones) at the cemetery. I helped clarify that one and then the conversation got a bit theological. It was clear that they were struggling with the concept of the physical bodies (or bones as they referred to them) being in cemeteries and a person's soul being in Heaven. They seemed content with the discussion, the questions and answers. But next time, I think I'll need Carie’s help with the theology!
Saturday morning I woke with pink eye. Of course I went on about our day as planned. It was a busy one! Sunday & Monday were pretty much stay at home family days. It was nice to be at home and getting things done. It was nice to have an extra day!
I don't know the last time that we didn't go to "the lake" over Memorial Weekend. It felt kinda weird not going. But it felt really good to just be... at home. After we get through this week and the dust settles, I think I'll take a day off work and we'll all head up to the lake during the week. The kids would love that! Great Grandma & Grandpa (my dad's parents) would love that!
Labels: Lake; Holiday's, The Girls



1 Comments:
pink eye?!!? sorry you didn't make it to the lake, but it sounds like a good weekend nonetheless!
Post a Comment
<< Home