Sunday, February 25, 2007

Last Hurrah!?!?!?

Without looking at the upcoming weather forecast, my guess is that the bountiful snow that poured from the sky overnight will be our last of the winter. Okay, so I just looked at the 7-day forecast and there is a chance for more snow mid-late this week. We've got to be nearing the end of the winter weather. We shall see, I guess.

Nearly all of our old snow had melted. If we had had a couple more days of the incredible weather it would have been all gone. The kids certainly had fun riding their bikes this week. It felt like we had stolen a glimpse of spring. Though, I have decided that I personally like the white look over the brown and blah look.

Then the weather began to turn on Friday. Cooler temps and increased wind turned into thunderstorms overnight into Saturday. Drizzle and a hint of rain lingered through much of the day on Saturday with the sleet starting late afternoon and snow following. According to the official reports, we had 3-6" of snow by Sunday morning. I think we ended up on the lighter side of that reported amounts, which was far less than we were expecting. All this talk of 12", and at one point it was hyped up to 14", seemed like a bunch of men comparing the size of their big catch. To their credit, we were on the border of the storm and I suppose it could have gone either way. I was kind of looking forward to 12".


What we got was the heavy kind of snow. The plows had come through and threw a decent amount of the chunky icy stuff onto our sidewalks and driveway. Thankfully our neighbor used his 4-wheeler to move it all. We were most definitely doing the happy dance when we heard him start up his 4-wheeler. I had been thinking about going out all morning, but thinking is about as far as I had gotten. Not to mention, Ellie & Carie were a bit under the weather. Neighbor guy was just telling us Friday evening that he's been pretty jazzed when he's come home to find his driveway cleared. We seem to have a nice exchange going on where I'll move his snow if I get to it first and he'll move our snow if he's out first. What usually happens is I move the lighter stuff with our snow blower and he moves the heavier stuff with his 4-wheeler. We could get used to this!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Casey said...

Sounds like a great arrangment with your neighbor!

1:57 PM, February 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home