Laundry
I am amazed at how much laundry a family of 5 can create! I cannot imagine the additional laundry larger families must face and I am extremely thankful that we have a large capacity washer and dryer.
What seems amazing to me is that it didn't feel like we had this much laundry when there were just the 4 of us. Sure, there was additional laundry created but it still seemed quite manageable. Can the 5th person really send it over the edge? Suddenly, the task for 5 seems daunting.
The goal of the weekend was to tackle all this laundry head on. Usually we sort and treat and organize all the laundry upstairs. But this weekend there seemed to be so much of it and it was so overwhelming that we just threw everything downstairs. The clothes alone covered the bottom 4 stairs piled high enough that it created a ledge. Unfortunately the ledge wasn’t sturdy enough to walk on!
The sad thing is that was clothing only. The 4 loads of towels, several loads of bedding, and miscellaneous stuff had to remain separate efforts.
By the weekends end, we were victorious. Every last clothing item (minus the usual straggler socks that were later discovered) was washed, dried, folded, and loaded into baskets… a boy basket and the girls’ basket. Now to get those baskets put away! The towels were washed! Some bedding was washed due to the kids snacking on our bed and leaving incredibly undesirable crumbs everywhere. I've even managed to slip the car seat covers into rotation. I think the washer will be working overtime this week in an effort to catch up and remain caught up!
Of course, it feels like nothing else was accomplished this week and we all know that we will just re-dirty all of the above. At least we did some fun activities to!
What seems amazing to me is that it didn't feel like we had this much laundry when there were just the 4 of us. Sure, there was additional laundry created but it still seemed quite manageable. Can the 5th person really send it over the edge? Suddenly, the task for 5 seems daunting.
The goal of the weekend was to tackle all this laundry head on. Usually we sort and treat and organize all the laundry upstairs. But this weekend there seemed to be so much of it and it was so overwhelming that we just threw everything downstairs. The clothes alone covered the bottom 4 stairs piled high enough that it created a ledge. Unfortunately the ledge wasn’t sturdy enough to walk on!
The sad thing is that was clothing only. The 4 loads of towels, several loads of bedding, and miscellaneous stuff had to remain separate efforts.
By the weekends end, we were victorious. Every last clothing item (minus the usual straggler socks that were later discovered) was washed, dried, folded, and loaded into baskets… a boy basket and the girls’ basket. Now to get those baskets put away! The towels were washed! Some bedding was washed due to the kids snacking on our bed and leaving incredibly undesirable crumbs everywhere. I've even managed to slip the car seat covers into rotation. I think the washer will be working overtime this week in an effort to catch up and remain caught up!
Of course, it feels like nothing else was accomplished this week and we all know that we will just re-dirty all of the above. At least we did some fun activities to!
Labels: Family



4 Comments:
That's a lot of laundry!
I'm amazed at how much extra laundry one little baby can create... I can't imagine the laundry three little ones must go through!
Yes I can imagine because we have 7 lol!It NEVER ends here we finally broke down and bought a front loader washer and dryer just to hold more stuff..so far it is great esp for king size stuff from our bed.
Oh I KNOW!!!
Sometimes I think our neighbors are slipping in their stuff as well.
Isn't alaundry incredible? I swear I hav a load or two going every. single. day. I'm not one of those people (like my mom was) who could do all the laundry in one entire day. She would literraly spend all day Saturday doing laundry for seven people. She would set the timer for when the dryer would be done and was always running back and forth. I do ours a load here and a load there so as not to feel like I do laundry all day long but at least once a week I am doing 5 or 6 loads.
With three of us, it didn't seem like there was a ton but once we added Kaylen - well it just exploded all over the place. Weird.
Post a Comment
<< Home