Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The Great Thaw

Temps are finally rising and I'm not sure I'm thrilled with it. Of course I want warmer temps. Sure, I want my kids to be able to go outside and play - safely. Sure, I love spring and therefore would love for winter to be behind us.

But this thawing phase is so blah. We've had white ground for a long time, probably since our first snow fall on December 31st. We've had some thawing between then and now. But the thawing hasn't lasted long enough to melt much of anything and an abundance of fresh white stuff always followed. Now, now everything is turning so brown and blah looking. I know it is just a process and one we must go through to get from here to spring. But I don't have to like it! :)

Since the temps have been so nice, the kids have gone outside to play the past couple of days. They need it! We need it!

Oddly though, the girls have put up minor protests to going outside. Suddenly they want to wear dresses and tights during the day, which we feel is not ideally conducive to playing in the melting snow and mud. Compromising and encouraging them to wear their dresses and such before and/or after the outside play hasn't inspired them to jump for joy about going outside. Though we make it through the process and once outside they have a grand time.

I was trying to encourage Ellie to go outside by reminding her that it would be fun to play in the snow before it all melts. She declared that she was done playing in the snow and she was ready for spring! I hear ya sweetie, I hear ya. Soon it will be spring!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Casey said...

Here's hoping spring springs soon!

9:47 PM, February 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home