Like A Broken Record
Lately I feel like I'm saying "... and you think that's a good idea, because???" far too often.
Here are a few recent instances that will elicit this response:
- One girl attempting to open 1/2 a pound container of holiday decorative sprinkles (of which we stopped in time) followed seconds later by the other girl finishing the job... successfully opening them and dumping a fair amount on the floor. It doesn't take much to make a really big mess.
- The first girl, in the above instance, walking on the sugary bright green and red sprinkles. The sprinkles didn't stand a chance to the weight of a 3 1/2 year old.
- We open the refrigerator to find many of their friends (stuffed animals, plastic animals, webble wobble's, etc...) located on the shelves in the refrigerator. It took us a while to locate and re-locate all of their friends. Okay, this was actually kinda funny and very harmless.
- It's 10:30 PM. The boy is crying and needing assistance... again. Darn ear infection! I get to the top of the stairs and immediately notice that the girls' ceiling light is on. I walk in and I'm sure I said "what the f*** are you doing"... but Carie assures me that I didn't, whew! Not only was their light on, but their blinds were fully pulled. The end of the pull string from the blinds was safely tucked in the drawer on their night table. Abby appeared to be hiding under her blankie, pretending to be asleep... but she wasn't pretending, she really was asleep. Ellie's first and immediate response was "sorry... ha ha".
- Ribbon... at least 60+ feet of it... unrolled and strung from one end of the room to the next. It wasn't even the ribbon we were going to use.
- Standing on top of strands of Christmas lights... ya know, the glass bulbs. This after we've asked them numerous times to not stand on TOP of them, that they are fragile, that they could break then they wouldn't work and they (the girls') would be sad with no Christmas lights.
- Spraying Windex. Ellie asked me if it would be okay to spray. I thanked her for asking then reminded her that it isn't okay and only Mommy or Momma can do it. I reminded her that it would hurt really badly if she got it in her eyes. Reminded... yes we've had this discussion numerous times. What does she do... she sprays Windex. At least she sprayed it all over the paper towels. This is a major improvement.
- Drawing on yourself with a black ink pen... again. Pens are for paper, not bodies... and you know this or you wouldn't be hiding it under the table.
- Making your own bubble bath by finishing off the fairly empty bottle of shampoo. That night it was an orange bubble bath... but the orange part was fully supervised early on in the bath adventure.
- The next bath experience... Making your own bubble bath by using a brand new bottle of shampoo.
This all over the course of the holiday weekend :).
This is just a few... off the top of my head. I reserve the right to add to the list as my brain stumbles upon more memorable moments.



3 Comments:
Ah, the shampoo bubble bath. We have those in our house a lot. (*sigh*) Needless to say, we go through a lot of shampoo. LOL!
I thought it was hard with one busy boy. But, you win twin girls sounds like you have to have eyes everywhere
My head hurts with the thought of what two 3.5 year olds can think of to do together. I guess I should be glad I have just one, lol.
Post a Comment
<< Home