Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The Boy Has A New Name

We really do refer to him by his proper name often and he does respond to when we say his proper name. So I'm not terribly worried that he won't know what his name is. But he has also acquired some nicknames along the way.

His newest nickname seems to be "Gooey"... or "Spencer Gooey". I'm not sure what it was derived from, or that it is something I'll encourage. What boy wants to be called Gooey as he grows up?

Really the cutest part about it is that it is all Ellie's doing.

A few days ago Carie asked me if I had noticed that Ellie was calling him Gooey. I hadn't actually, since she doesn't use it all the time. But since then, I have heard her say it a few times.

Trying to not make a big deal about it, we've asked her about her new name for her brother. She has not a clue... where it came from or why she likes it. All we know is that it is silly, it makes her laugh, and he doesn't mind... yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home