Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Amazing Similarities... Yet A Major Difference

I was just looking through the document I have written up for the girls'. Basically my off-line blog about their life from infancy till now.

What I stumbled across was the girls' stats from their 15-month well check...

Ellie was 21lbs 11oz and 32 ¼” long

Abby was 20lbs 8oz and 29 ¾” long

Compare that to the boy's stats from his 6-month well check...

Spencer was 22lbs 11oz and 28 ¾" long.

With a huge 9-month (NINE MONTH) age gap in stat comparison, some of the numbers are remarkably close.


The girls were 15 months and the boy was only 6 months. The 9-month age difference is more than than double the boy's current age.

Wow!

To clarify... In real life... the girls' are nearly 3 1/2 years and the boy is 6 1/2 months.

3 Comments:

Blogger Casey said...

Boys are more dense than girls and usually weigh more that girls in the same age bracket. That's why the percentile charts are broken into boy/girl.

I'm not sure what that says for my little chunky monkey since she is only a pound lighter than her brother. :)

11:56 AM, November 15, 2005  
Blogger Estelle said...

I was thinking that was at the same age... and thinking HOLY COW! Abby and Ellie SHRUNK!
But, of course, upon re reading, I saw that those were for a different visit.
Charlie is now 17.5 lbs and 28.5 inches.

11:57 AM, November 15, 2005  
Blogger Laura said...

The only good thing is that at least the chunky monkeys do slim out later on. Brendan was I think 23 lbs and 29" at 6 months. He was 28 lbs at 12 month, quadrupling his birthweight. Can you imagine if they continued on that growth curve? Actually I guess some do to an extent. I was talking to my brother this weekend. My nephew is 9 months older than Brendan. Brendan is 41" and about 38.5-39 lb. Kyle is 42", but is 45 lbs. He is a large kid, what I expected Brendan would be like.

8:39 PM, November 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home