No Signs of Adjusting... Any Time Soon
The boy is not adjusting to the new time... post daylight savings time.
He has an amazing internal clock that says he is ready for:
breakfast at 9am
nursing at 5/5:30 pm... as soon as I get home
dinner at 6pm
nursing and bed at 8 pm sharp
These are just the highlights of the day. Unfortunately naps and other daytime feeding sessions are of less importance to him, especially since he is on the verge of full independence and cannot stop moving.
Now... adjust all that back an hour. Breakfast we can adjust easily. It's the evening routine that snags us up. I can't magically be home an hour earlier to accommodate his nursing needs. It's not like he needs to eat or Carie would give him a bottle. Often times he has just had a bottle an hour or two prior. It's the nursing experience that he is looking for. So when I do get home at 5/5:30... it is now 6/6:30 according to his internal clock. Not only have we missed nursing but he's well into eating his dinner... much better than listening to him complain. So we finish dinner, clean him up, have some playtime while getting jammies on, and hold out as long as we can for bedtime. I feel like we've achieved success if we can make it to 7:00... or 8:00 according to his internal clock.
Which brings me to the morning and a selfish complaint. First, remember we are not morning people. Second, if he were just waking an hour earlier I could understand... what's up with this 2 hours earlier business? Third, if he would sleep "all night" I could deal with it better... but no... he's not about to miss a nursing session during the night when he's got time for it :).
Waking up to a cranky sleepy boy at 6:15 AM is.not.working.for.me... period.
Complaining over, for now. I still love ya buddy!
He has an amazing internal clock that says he is ready for:
breakfast at 9am
nursing at 5/5:30 pm... as soon as I get home
dinner at 6pm
nursing and bed at 8 pm sharp
These are just the highlights of the day. Unfortunately naps and other daytime feeding sessions are of less importance to him, especially since he is on the verge of full independence and cannot stop moving.
Now... adjust all that back an hour. Breakfast we can adjust easily. It's the evening routine that snags us up. I can't magically be home an hour earlier to accommodate his nursing needs. It's not like he needs to eat or Carie would give him a bottle. Often times he has just had a bottle an hour or two prior. It's the nursing experience that he is looking for. So when I do get home at 5/5:30... it is now 6/6:30 according to his internal clock. Not only have we missed nursing but he's well into eating his dinner... much better than listening to him complain. So we finish dinner, clean him up, have some playtime while getting jammies on, and hold out as long as we can for bedtime. I feel like we've achieved success if we can make it to 7:00... or 8:00 according to his internal clock.
Which brings me to the morning and a selfish complaint. First, remember we are not morning people. Second, if he were just waking an hour earlier I could understand... what's up with this 2 hours earlier business? Third, if he would sleep "all night" I could deal with it better... but no... he's not about to miss a nursing session during the night when he's got time for it :).
Waking up to a cranky sleepy boy at 6:15 AM is.not.working.for.me... period.
Complaining over, for now. I still love ya buddy!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home