Thursday, October 06, 2005

The Boy Moves... Forwards

I've not officially seen this myself, but I'm told it is true. He moves forwards!

Last night they were hanging out on the floor having some tummy time. He'd do it and Carie would call for me to look. I'd look and look and look. I'd wait forever before returning to finish whatever I was doing. Immediately I'd hear "quick, you've got to see this" so I'd run back to see... nothing. He wouldn't show off for me, but Mommy swears that the boy is moving forwards.

I would have sat there forever, but Ellie had tackled me before I even got 1/2 way in the door. She wanted to tell me that she wanted to go to Old McDonald's for supper... and Mommy says that she thought of it all on her own. So we were trying to get ready to go to Old McDonalds to feed our children horrible food before horrible tantrums set in due to empty tummies. I'll have to admit, it was yummy!

Okay, so he can do it. The boy CAN move forwards. Thankfully not very fast and not very far... yet. Makes me think of the Rattle Trap Car book. Maybe, just maybe, it will take a while for him to reach his ultimate goal, just like it took the car a while to reach the lake?

For now I can still be in denial. He's not even 5 1/2 months old yet. Slow down and enjoy the scenery why don't ya?

Sitting? You ask about sitting? Good question! He loves to sit, just can't do it by himself. He's working on it though, but clearly that isn't as exciting as moving. See when you sit and get excited about something and arch your back in excitement... you really aren't sitting anymore. So, sitting is grand so long as it is in something supportive.

Bouncing? What about bouncing? Yes, the boy LOVES to bounce. So much so that I nearly get motion sick watching him. He loves the Johnny Jumper we got for $3 at a consignment sale. Who couldn’t pass up that deal? The boy loves it. He jumps, spins, laughs, and drools. He's a maniac in the thing. Though he is so heavy that even on the absolute shortest setting it sits to low to the ground. Doesn't seem to phase him. He's just learned that you jump with your feet then lift them up so you have more room to bounce. I'm certain we are creating some life long injury by letting him enjoy his jumper.

Carie just reminded me that part of his bouncing/jumping experience is that Ellie loves to jump with him. She will ask Carie to put him in his jumper so she can jump with him. It's taken several days for them to remember that they can't "help" him jump. Between their help and his weight, it is more than Johnny Jumper can handle.

4 Comments:

Blogger Casey said...

No way! Uh oh - look out girls - your brother will soon be into all your things. Just ask the prince how much fun *that* is! :)

9:17 PM, October 06, 2005  
Blogger Estelle said...

WTG Spencer! I can't believe he is crawling already!
Charlie LOOOVES to sit too. He is so happy in his bumbo... he can be having a roaring tantrum and when you put him in that, he quiets. Or the position is squashing his lungs and he can't breathe... either way, he's quiet!

7:57 AM, October 07, 2005  
Blogger Rainbow Momma said...

Wow! Go Spencer!

10:13 AM, October 07, 2005  
Blogger Laura said...

No way, Spencer can't already be on the move forward. Wow. And I love the visual of him in the jumper and Ellie jumping with him.

11:32 AM, October 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home