Monday, October 03, 2005

The Boy Moves... Backwards

Last night, a couple hours after going to bed, I hear him wake up. I thought I'd give him a minute to see if he would work it out before going in. He only became more distraught so I went in to check on him. He had worked himself to the end of his crib and had a leg hanging out the end. I felt like such a heel for making him wait and escalate his anger. There was no way he was going to get himself out of that jam. Thankfully with some cuddling and nursing he settled right back in and we both seemed to feel better.

Not long after I got him settled back into bed we hear him wake up again. This behavior is totally unusual for him. So, Carie went to check on him. As they descended down the stairs he showed the biggest gummy grin he could muster up. Clearly he thought he had just had a nap and was ready to play, so we played.

Carie had him lying on the very large ottoman to stretch out. He was on his tummy playing and talking, we had both sides guarded so he wouldn't roll off. He lay there pushing himself up as high as he could. Much to our surprise he managed to get his entire belly lifted off the ottoman... remember he's 5m old and an estimated 21lbs :). He was working on his legs but wasn't able to get them under him. Before we know it he is scooting backwards. He worked his way to the edge of the ottoman... and right off the ottoman onto Carie's lap. She put him back on the ottoman and he did it all over again... several times.

The boy now moves side to side and backwards.


Thankfully that tuckered him out! He nursed again and went back to bed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Estelle said...

Yay Spencer!! But the idea is to go FORWARDS buddy! Work on that one and you'll have it down!

PS- Stay far far away from Charlie.

10:12 AM, October 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home