Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Baby Spencer Can't Eat Dog Poop

This is what the girls' concluded this morning.

They are totally worried about him eating dog poop. It was hilarious, especially given the serious looks on their faces. Carie and I could barely keep a straight face.

Carie and the girls' were sitting on the bed this morning watching and entertaining Spencer, who was playing on his tummy. Prior to this the girls' were walking around with their "coins", dropping them all over the place. They try to pick them up, but then drop them somewhere else. These would be the coins I picked up off the floor in the family room the previous night, at which point I commented that we need to keep the choking hazards picked up, as Spencer will be really mobile soon enough. So this morning the girls' and I had a little chat about keeping our coins and small toys off the floor. We talked about baby Spencer finding them, putting them in his mouth, then getting sick.

So... fast-forward back to them all hanging out on the bed. As they watched Spencer trying to get up on his knees they talked about him crawling. The girls' thought that meant he would do it today but Mommy told them that it wouldn't be today, but it would be soon. They talked again about how we have to keep things safe for him and we can't have little things on the floor because he'll put them in his mouth. We've talked about this before and we use a toilet paper tube to help the girls' determine if something is safe for him to play with.

Suddenly the conversation turned to him crawling outside in the grass. The girls' decided that baby Spencer can't crawl in the grass because he will eat the dog poop. They were rather adamant about him not crawling in the grass.

While there is likely dog poop in the yard at any given time, we do have it cleaned up weekly... every Saturday morning at roughly 10 a.m. :). So we reassured the girls' that we wouldn't let Spencer eat dog poop, that we would keep him safe just like we kept them safe.

Until last night I don't think they even realized there was dog poop in the yard. They were both oblivious and about to step in it as they were "helping" me with yard work. I had to point it out to them as I asked them not to step in it. I wonder what other dog poop discussions are on our horizon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Estelle said...

I completely agree with Abby and Ellie. You should not, under any conditions, let Spencer eat dog poop. It's very yucky and I don't think he would appreciate it either.

7:48 AM, October 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home