The Luxury of a DVR
We are now exposed to the luxury of a DVR (digital video recorder) and I don't see us ever going back to videotapes. I’m sure we are behind the times and many of our friends have already been enjoying this luxury.
With the new season upon us, with several shows that we do like to watch, with this being our primary and nearly only form of "entertainment", with our unpredictable evenings surrounding bed-time routines and the fact that our shows are NOT kid appropriate, never ending juggling of tapes... what tape has what on it, is a tape in, is the vcr programmed to record, yadda yadda yadda... we caved and upgraded our cable box to add the DVR function. Ha, I feel like I am justifying it. LOL
OMG, we are in heaven! After having it just one evening, we already love it! It is so easy to select a program to record. At the touch of button you can set it up to record an entire series. You can rewind and pause live TV. Missed the first 10 minutes of the news… no problem, rewind and presto you are now watching the news. You can skip commercials. Need I say more? LOL
At a time when we should be cutting monthly expenses, I'd have to say that this is the best $10 I've spent in a long time.
Now... If Carie hadn't had to spend countless hours on the phone with their support group trying to figure out why it wasn't working, the whole experience would have been wonderful. No, we don't want to pay $40 for someone to come figure out YOUR problem... which happened to be that they never upgraded our service in their system. No wonder why we weren't getting a signal. Sigh.
With the new season upon us, with several shows that we do like to watch, with this being our primary and nearly only form of "entertainment", with our unpredictable evenings surrounding bed-time routines and the fact that our shows are NOT kid appropriate, never ending juggling of tapes... what tape has what on it, is a tape in, is the vcr programmed to record, yadda yadda yadda... we caved and upgraded our cable box to add the DVR function. Ha, I feel like I am justifying it. LOL
OMG, we are in heaven! After having it just one evening, we already love it! It is so easy to select a program to record. At the touch of button you can set it up to record an entire series. You can rewind and pause live TV. Missed the first 10 minutes of the news… no problem, rewind and presto you are now watching the news. You can skip commercials. Need I say more? LOL
At a time when we should be cutting monthly expenses, I'd have to say that this is the best $10 I've spent in a long time.
Now... If Carie hadn't had to spend countless hours on the phone with their support group trying to figure out why it wasn't working, the whole experience would have been wonderful. No, we don't want to pay $40 for someone to come figure out YOUR problem... which happened to be that they never upgraded our service in their system. No wonder why we weren't getting a signal. Sigh.



4 Comments:
OMG! Don't you just LOVE it! We have had one for almost a year now and I love, love, love it! One of the best invention ever!!!!!
Yup! We can't live without ours either! I love it so much, I wish I could hit the rewind button on LIFE sometimes. LOL!!
We love our DVR too! I don't know how we ever lived without it!
LOVE IT! We've thought about cancelling it to save that $12 a month... but figured if we did that we might as well cancel cable altogether!
LOVE my DVR! Love it even more now that we dumped Time Warner for Knology... and a DVR that actually WORKS (even though it's the exact same... odd huh?)
I LOVE watching whatever I want in the middle of the night... I hate it when my box gets empty and I have to watch *gasp8 LIVE television!
Post a Comment
<< Home