Friday, September 02, 2005

The Boy is 4 months old!

Spencer had his 4-month well check this morning (a week late) and all is well. He's above the 95% in all categories... length (26 3/4"), weight (19lbs 4oz), and head circumference (44cm... which doesn't sound right, but I'm fairly sure that is what she said). Basically, according to the charts, he's the size of an 8 month old... proportionately so.

Developmentally he appears to be right on target. He can roll both ways, but thankfully he isn't rolling across the room yet. He grabs for toys and can hold them for periods of time. He loves tummy time and holds his head up well. He tries to sit but that tang tummy pulls him right over :). He loves to stand and holds his weight surprisingly well. OH, he does really well at putting his pacifier in his mouth... still room for improvement, but I'm amazed at how well he does this task. It's still a toss up, we think, as to whether he will be a pacifier or thumb sucker. One thing is for sure; it will be one of those. He so needs to suck on something. Everything goes in the mouth. He is a drool monster and can soak my shirtsleeve in an instant. Can't imagine how much more drool will be coming out when we experience teething.

He handled his shots like a champ and got to nurse and fall asleep for a nap afterwards. Mommy got to endure the sad sad face this morning while I stood back and got ready to nurse him. I'm sure it will be my turn next time; a Mom can only take so much of that sadness.

4 Comments:

Blogger Estelle said...

Ahh... he is Charlie's role model... well, him and Toby of course.
Charlie is hot on his tails though!
Glad to hear everything went well and his shots weren't too trumatic for him.

10:42 AM, September 02, 2005  
Blogger gabrielle said...

sounds like a great checkup for spencer, must be funny to look at all his stats after the girls being peanuts, I had the same Bella always on the 95th than Harriet on the 3rd

12:49 PM, September 02, 2005  
Blogger Casey said...

Good to know he is healthy and well! That, above all else, is important.

I wish we could get the princess and Spencer side by side. He, at 4 months, weighs more than she, at almost 7. I have to say, it's odd to have the little one. The prince was, and remains, in the 95th % for everything except his head...that would be well over 100%. :) Like I said - being healthy is THE most important thing. :)

5:07 PM, September 06, 2005  
Blogger Laura said...

Spencer sounds just about where Brendan was in terms of size at that age. And he was a drool monster too. He sounds like's doing fabulously!!

11:52 AM, September 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home