Ellie's 4th Haircut
February of 2005, at the age of 2 years and 8 months old, the girls' experienced their first ever haircut. It was a slight trim more than a haircut.They were cue balls for a very long time. After age 1 it really started to grow. By age 2 the growth had picked up speed. I was desperate to get their hair trimmed, just to clean things up, not because it was really long. We were enduring the grow it out stage where it often looked knarly. Carie really wanted to wait, so we waited and waited until February, 2005. I knew it was the right decision, but it still didn't change my desire to trim it up.
Their second haircut occurred in May just before their 3rd birthday and Ellie's 3rd haircut occurred in late July. Our effort with Ellie's hair was to trim up the ends to attempt to even things out. She's got some wild layers that are varying lengths and textures... just like her mommy :). So we were making wonderful progress with the hair until we experienced the 4th haircut.
While all the adults were having a great conversation after Church on Sunday, the girls' were in the nursery playing quietly. This room was right next to where we were sitting. Generally with Abby & Ellie they can play nice and quiet together. We didn't think anything of it; they were having a good time playing in the nursery.
It was about time to go so I go to make sure things are picked up before we leave. It wasn't long before I noticed something on the floor that didn't look quite right. It looked like hair, but where could that have come from? It didn't sink in right away, duh. But then we had an "oh crap" moment. It was hair from Ellie's head and sure enough there were a pair of kid’s scissors right there. Now, with our girls' and particularly Ellie, there's no such thing as out of reach. If Ellie wants something, Ellie will get it. But, these scissors were totally kept within reach.
I don't know how it all went down, who's idea it was, or why they thought it was a good idea. But, working together I'm sure, Ellie got her 4th haircut by Abby. In the picture Ellie is holding most (I think) of the hair that was found. I'd venture to say that that is more hair than what she's had cut off in the past 3 haircuts.
It will grow back, it will grow back, it will grow back...



1 Comments:
Oh Sonya...those girls keep me in stitches! Cutting hair! What will they think of next? Maybe I shouldn't ask that huh?
Post a Comment
<< Home