Thursday, August 11, 2005

What's Momma Making?

Last night Carie and I were in the kitchen cleaning up for the night. I was actually making some brownies to satisfy quite the chocolate craving. After searching the cupboards high and low, a box of brownie mix was the option. We were being relatively quiet, definitely not announcing the fact that I was making brownies. THEN... Abby appeared on the stairs for the millionth time. She was supposed to be going to sleep. Carie goes to her and escorts her back to her bed.

Abby knew something was up. She asked Mommy... "What is Momma making?" Mommy tries to avoid the question and says that we are just doing dishes. Abby isn't fooled in the least and repeats... "But what is Momma making?" Carie realizing that she isn't going to be able to blow over this one and says... "Momma is making a surprise and you can have some tomorrow." to which Abby got excited. Abby climbs into bed and says... "Mommy, JUST TELL ME what Momma is making." So Carie told her that I was making brownies and she could have one tomorrow BUT she must first got to sleep. That was the last we heard of her.

Ellie on the other hand went to sleep much faster. She only got up a thousand times. At one point she was looking for her Pinkie
, which we thought she already had with her. I go on a search for Pinkie and upon returning with Pinkie, Ellie was already fast asleep.

1 Comments:

Blogger Daria Schaffnit said...

And did she pop up in the morning wanting brownies for breakfast?

Daria, whose wife tempts her into sneaking Ben & Jerry's after the kids go to bed

5:43 PM, August 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home