Friday, August 26, 2005

The kids LOOK so much like siblings

Okay, I know it might sound odd to be a little shocked at the resemblance our kids have. In our family they are 100% siblings there is no question. Genetically though, they are linked only through the donor.

We suspected that they had characteristics of the donor, it's just been hard to pin point what those may be. Ellie looks soo much like her Mommy she’s like a clone, Abby clearly carries other Walles characteristics, and Spencer looks so much like me. Actually, at birth Spencer very much reminded me of my maternal grandfather and one of my brothers. Now that he's moved past his new baby look, people think he looks more like me. Individually, each child "looks" like they are genetically related to their biological mother's family. The girls don't look like any of the kids in my family and he doesn't look like any of the kids in Carie's family.

Yet... our 3 kids look alike. I cannot get over the resemblance between Abby & Spencer. In the picture of the 3 kids together the girls are 3 and he is 3 1/2 months. The next picture is of Abby at 4 months, then Ellie at 4 months.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

same here...i KNEW which was Abby, and which was Ellie...and until i read the entire post..thought that maybe Spencer was one of those two...and thought...WOW...he really DOES look just like them. until i realized..that those pics ARE them. duh. pay attention Robyn.

12:38 PM, August 26, 2005  
Blogger Laura said...

Yes, yes, yes!!!!!!! Spencer looks so much like Abby. It's the same face. Fascinating.

6:22 PM, August 26, 2005  
Blogger Daria Schaffnit said...

...and they are all SO gorgeous!!! I have Spencer's birth announcement in the kitchen where I can spy him while I'm cooking, but he's even cuter now.

12:01 PM, September 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home