Do NOT turn out that light...
I swear we need to give it a try. Getting sleep with the light on is better than no sleep at all, right?
I don't know how long this has been going on, but long enough to create a pattern. A pattern that makes no sense at all, but a pattern nonetheless. A pattern we must break, somehow.
Each night we go to bed, like most folks I imagine, and we either turn out the light right away or watch a bit of TV before turning out the light. It doesn't seem to matter. As a matter of fact, it does NOT seem to matter what time we go to bed... "on time", early, late... it does not matter.
The fact is is that within 5 minutes of turning the light off, at least one of our three children wakes up and need us for something. Take your pick; it could be any or all of the three kids. I think they are in cahoots with each other and rotate the responsibility.
Last night I thought it was great we were getting to bed at least a whole hour earlier than we generally do... thinking ahhh... sleep. We are both so tired. But nope, just after the light went out Spencer woke up and needed more attention/time than usual. When I heard the little call for help I think I said something along the lines of... "You've GOT to be kidding me!" We love all our kids dearly and we'll be there for them whenever they need us… as well as when they don’t think they need us. But please oh please give us some nighttime mercy.
I don't know how long this has been going on, but long enough to create a pattern. A pattern that makes no sense at all, but a pattern nonetheless. A pattern we must break, somehow.
Each night we go to bed, like most folks I imagine, and we either turn out the light right away or watch a bit of TV before turning out the light. It doesn't seem to matter. As a matter of fact, it does NOT seem to matter what time we go to bed... "on time", early, late... it does not matter.
The fact is is that within 5 minutes of turning the light off, at least one of our three children wakes up and need us for something. Take your pick; it could be any or all of the three kids. I think they are in cahoots with each other and rotate the responsibility.
Last night I thought it was great we were getting to bed at least a whole hour earlier than we generally do... thinking ahhh... sleep. We are both so tired. But nope, just after the light went out Spencer woke up and needed more attention/time than usual. When I heard the little call for help I think I said something along the lines of... "You've GOT to be kidding me!" We love all our kids dearly and we'll be there for them whenever they need us… as well as when they don’t think they need us. But please oh please give us some nighttime mercy.



2 Comments:
Charlie has started doing that too, as soon as the TV goes off at night, he'll wake up. We've tried leaving on a radio but no go. So, the TV goes off and it's 15 minutes of shhing and cuddling until he goes back to sleep.
Leave the light on... can't hurt!
you have my sympathies sonya, we had a week like that last week...luckily a sudden infatuation with Dora the explorer and a bribe to spend 7 nights in her own bed for a dora felt board seems to be working...we are up to night 5 so far. Hope you all get some sleep soon
Post a Comment
<< Home