Library Day
Today is "Library Day". In fact, each Tuesday is library day for the girls’ pre-school class. How they manage to get all these 3 year olds to cooperate in this process is beyond me... kudos to the teachers!
Over the 4 weeks that they've been doing this it has been interesting to see the books that each of the girls' select to check out. Of course they likely select their book based on the looks of the book and the selections haven't been surprising at all. Ellie has selected a Clifford book 3 out4 weeks. Abby generally picks a book about animals, especially spiders. It also appears that they are directed to a very limited section of the library.
I think it is great that they incorporate this into their week, and the girls' love it. Though, I don't love it as much as I thought I would. Sure, they pick the book based on looks and WE the parents get to read them. Well, the first time we do. Abby insists on reading the books each night after that first time. Some of these stories, while there isn't really anything wrong with them, they are awful to read... and especially hard to listen to.
I was SO happy that last weeks books were going back today. This last batch was particularly difficult for me to enjoy. I hope today's selections are more enjoyable to read. Note to self... We MUST renew (yes we have to pay for it) our library membership and check out parent approved books to balance out the selection.
Updated 9/21: Well, the new books are better than the last. Still nothing exciting, but oh so much better and it didn't nearly kill me to read both of them two times at bedtime last night. And well, I only got to read them once and then they had to read them.
Carie took the kids to the "big BIG library" (according to Ellie) today for storytime. Unfortunately, story time for the public doesn't start until next week which in turn made Abby "really MAD". She called to tell me all about it when they got home. But now we have a new membership and the girls' have their first library card. They each picked out a new book and Carie picked out some new one's for them as well... so at least we can enjoy reading a few of the books. Ellie of course picked out a new Clifford book. Not sure what Abby picked... probably something to do with animals.
Over the 4 weeks that they've been doing this it has been interesting to see the books that each of the girls' select to check out. Of course they likely select their book based on the looks of the book and the selections haven't been surprising at all. Ellie has selected a Clifford book 3 out4 weeks. Abby generally picks a book about animals, especially spiders. It also appears that they are directed to a very limited section of the library.
I think it is great that they incorporate this into their week, and the girls' love it. Though, I don't love it as much as I thought I would. Sure, they pick the book based on looks and WE the parents get to read them. Well, the first time we do. Abby insists on reading the books each night after that first time. Some of these stories, while there isn't really anything wrong with them, they are awful to read... and especially hard to listen to.
I was SO happy that last weeks books were going back today. This last batch was particularly difficult for me to enjoy. I hope today's selections are more enjoyable to read. Note to self... We MUST renew (yes we have to pay for it) our library membership and check out parent approved books to balance out the selection.
Updated 9/21: Well, the new books are better than the last. Still nothing exciting, but oh so much better and it didn't nearly kill me to read both of them two times at bedtime last night. And well, I only got to read them once and then they had to read them.
Carie took the kids to the "big BIG library" (according to Ellie) today for storytime. Unfortunately, story time for the public doesn't start until next week which in turn made Abby "really MAD". She called to tell me all about it when they got home. But now we have a new membership and the girls' have their first library card. They each picked out a new book and Carie picked out some new one's for them as well... so at least we can enjoy reading a few of the books. Ellie of course picked out a new Clifford book. Not sure what Abby picked... probably something to do with animals.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home